Priceline Hotel: Why doesn't PL make me wait 72 hrs?

birdgirlsherri
By birdgirlsherri,
in

So I've been bidding on PL for three days in a row now, and wondering why it doesn't reject my bids when I've exhausted my free rebids.

I must be missing something about the process.

I started at $100 for 5* on the strip, 4/22 - 4/25. Kept adding one zone at a time and increasing bid by $10 until I ran out of zones. That should have been it for me, right?

Yet I just waited 6 hours or so, went back to PL, and started all over. Used the same everything. I did this several times in a row. (Yes, a little obsessive.) Shouldn't it have kicked me out when I started the bidding process all over again?

I submit the bid, and get the "We need a few seconds to search for the price you named" screen, which then changes to the "We should have an answer within 15 minutes" screen, with a button to "check my status". After several minutes, when I check on my status, it says something like "We're sorry but we couldn't find a room at the price you named". So from that screen I add a zone, increase the bid by a bit, and we go through it all again. I eventually got up to $190 because I only increased by $5 a few of the rebids.

I did this twice today and about three times yesterday. The only thing I might have changed is the name the rooms are under, but otherwise everything remained the same.

I'm not supposed to be able to do this, right?

The bids could potentially be going thru, but there is a good chance that they're not. I would also suggest wiating 72 hours from your last bid, for if you're bids are not getting submitted (and are being treated as duplicates) you may never have success trying like you are since the 72 hour clock may keep re-setting).

As well, you may want to consider SPLITTING YOUR BID as rates are all over map for these 3 days. If you'd like to do this report back and we'll suggest a bidding strategy.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]