Priceline Hotel: Resort Oahu (North Shore) Turtle Bay Resort

miss_scouty
By miss_scouty,
in

Oahu (Airport)

Oahu (Diamond Head)

Oahu (Waianae)

Oahu (Waikiki City Central)

Note that Waianae is greyed out and therefore not selectable (and therefore can't be used as a re-bid zone)

If you'd like help with a suggested bidding strategy let us know your maximum bid and we'll advise accordingly.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for the confirmation. No need for a strategy as my own worked! :)

Hotwire had TBR for $206, and while I was prepared to pay up to that, if I was going the Priceline route (using links above) I wanted to save a few bucks. I decided my max bid would be $185. HOWEVER....my first bid tonight was at $155 and was rejected, with a "counter offer" of $185...in the past I've been successful without having to pay the full counter offer price so here's what I did:

First Bid: North Shore, Resort - $155

Added: Diamond Head, Resort - $160

Added: Airport, Resort - $165

Added: Waikiki City Central, Resort - $170 - Offer accepted for Turtle Bay Resort.

Dates of travel are December 8-12, 2010. I am VERY happy with this win. :)

ETA: I should add that I contacted TBR and their lowest rate was $281 per night.

• 2 weeks later...
What was your total including taxes (or a daily tax/fee rate)? I am looking for North Shore (turtle bay) for a week in October and am deciding whether to stay in the condos or the hotel.

Thanks

Chris

Chris, I believe the total was around $780 for 4 nights. I can't recall exactly , but it was $830 CDN.

One more question...this may be covered elsewhere on the board, but I wasn't able to locate it...I have a few special requests, none are absolutely necessary, but we are hoping to arrange for early/late check in/out, a crib, and hopefully a balcony room. Am I better off to contact the hotel well in advance to ask for these (obviously things like the check in) or to take my chances and see if we luck out with a balcony room, and if not, upgrade once we get there? My fear with asking for the different room type at this point in time is that they'll know what we paid and charge us an outrageous price to upgrade.

Thoughts?!

Thank you!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$10 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: SAVEMORE

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $100+ purchase... expires 05/19/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]