Priceline Hotel: Resort Oahu (Waikiki Beach) Outrigger Reef on the Beach

inijar11
By inijar11,
in

I need help with a bidding strategy for a Resort in Oahu.

Maximum bid = $105

Acceptable Resort Areas = Wakiki Beach Area, Oahu North Shore, Ihilani (3 zones)

NOT Acceptable Resort Area = Wakiki Marina Area

Free bid = Diamond Head Area, Executive Center, Honolulu Airport (HNL), Waikiki City Central (4 zones)

The strategy is pretty basic, but there is a pretty good chance that you won't get anything - depending upon your dates. First of all, it is virtually guaranteed that you won't get a room in Ihilani or North Shore for $105, so you are basically saying you want to get a room in Waikiki Beach for no more than $105. Well, you might, or you might not, depending upon whether the handful of resorts that are available on PL in Waikiki for your desired dates, which you haven't specified. Quite simply, I'd assume, for the moment that you couldn't possibly get Ihilani or North Shore for under $100, because you can't.

You didn't say what days you're looking for, but in any case, I'd start now. I'd start with Waikiki Beach as the target, and bid $90. Then I'd add each of the free rebid zones - and be sure you DON'T ever accidentally add Waikiki Marina, while upping my bid $2 at a time, until I hit $100. Then, if I still haven't won anything in Waikiki Beach for $100 or less, I'd add North Shore and bid $102, then I'd add Ihilani and bid $105. For yucks, you could use Ihilani and North Shore as your first two re-bids rather than the last two, but it won't make the slightest bit of difference, as you won't win those areas at those prices. Be sure that you NEVER select the Waikiki Marina zone when bidding, because at those prices, there's a really good chance that you'd "win" the Prince in that zone if that zone were selected.

If you still haven't won anything at $105, then I'd wait another month (assuming you have another month) and do the exact same strategy again. If you have less than a month before you leave, I'd go through this strategy every week, rather than every month.

Of course, if your dates are flexible, you should say so, because some dates are certainly going to be possible for you to win something in Waikiki for $90-105 bid, while other dates are more in demand and perhaps impossible to get something in Waikiki Beach for $105. And if your dates are flexible, is saving a few bucks more important than getting your most preferred dates? These are the sort of questions you haven't given us enough info to answer.

That being said, you very well might not win anything, if your dates are fixed, and none of the Waikiki resorts have availability on the dates you need, for $105 or less, what is your fallback position? Would you go for a 3*, or would you cancel your trip? Or would different dates be preferred under that scenario?

I do use betterbidding's PRICELINE link when bidding.

Travel dates:

Room 1: October 01 to October 03

Room 2: October 01 to October 09

Thanks Dman. You are absolutely correct. I tried your suggestions and could not get anything till $110.

I am not expecting to get Ihilani or North Shore at the prices I am bidding. So they are really free bid zones.

Still debating whether to go up to the $120-$140 range (or) to go to a 3-star or 4-star.

Thanks again for your help/response. I will continue to use the PRICELINE link.

We decided to bid up to $128 on Priceline or go with the Hotwire 4* for $129. I am glad we stuck with Priceline.

Room 1: October 01 - October 03: Outrigger Reef on the Beach for $127

Room 2: October 01 - October 09: Outrigger Reef on the Beach for $127

(Since this was less than 24 hours, I had to split the dates with the 1st bid for 4 nights and added 4 additional nights at the same property/price).

Could you help me update the title to reflect Waikiki Beach 4 star - Outrigger Reef $127?

We could not be happier! Thanks!

We used the PRICELINE link and recommend others do the same.

Congratulations on your success!

I've edited your topic title to reflect that this property is Resort rated by PRICELINE... if you bid 4* can you please check your winning bid confirmation page (still viewable thru the MY PROFILE >> MY TRIPS link near the top right of PRICELINE home page. Do you see something which states "Congratulations, we found a hotel to accept your price and upgraded your star quality to the Resort level"? (or something to this effect)

Thank you for using the PRICELINE links on the board to begin your bidding and for sharing your results, helping us update the Priceline Hotel List with the new star rating for this property.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$10 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: SAVEMORE

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $100+ purchase... expires 05/19/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]