Priceline Hotel: Maui Resort Bidding needed - Oct 26 - Nov 1

surefire99
By surefire99,
in

Hi there, I am looking to bid 6 nights in Mau from October 26 - November 1st. I would prefer to book a resort hotel, but b/c of the added "resort fee" I would like to keep my bid at a maximum of $110. I have the entertainment $10 bonus dollars - so that would mean a maximum bid of $120.00 and even that with taxes and resort fee puts me slightly over my "budget". ($130/night with taxes)

Is it realistic to think I could get a hotel in the Lahaina-Kaanapali area for around $110/night??? I have looked at the history of winning bids and the lowest i have seen was last November for around $114.00 with most of the winning bids being around $150+.

And if I was to modify my strategy and try for the 3* resort in the same area (which I believe is for the Royal Lahaina?) would a maximum of $90 be a good target price?

Any help is appreciated!!!

Chances are that you won't win any of the Kaanapaali RESORT properties for that week bidding $120 or less, but it never hurts to try. As for your fallback position, the Royal Lahaina is a 3.5*, not a 3* and would seem to be a reasonable place to save some money. Somebody won it last week for the week prior to your stay, with a bid of $95/night, so that would seem to be a reasonable target bid for you - although you might wish to work your way up to $95 starting a bit lower, once you've been unsuccessful with the resort properties. Again, it's a 3.5*, NOT a 3*. I would be sure not to include 3* choices when bidding for this, or you will probably end up with one of the less desirable Aston 3* properties.

I would guess that you will fail at your desired price points going for the RESORTS, but then be successful when dropping down to the 3.5* at bids somewhere between $85 and $105 - so that's probably how you should play the 3.5* approach, starting at $85, and with the expectation that at $95 or more, you've got a good chance of getting it.

Well, I think that you would have a legitimate chance to win the Wailea Marriott for a bid of $117 to $120, but only you can decide if you'd prefer to win the Marriott resort in Wailea for $20-25 a night more than the Royal Lahaina in Kaanapaali. Personally, I think that you should research each of the properties and the areas carefully, and reach your own conclusion as to whether the Marriott is worth the premium for you. For me, it probably wouldn't be, but it comes down to whether you'd prefer being in Wailea, or in Kaanapaali.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]