Hotwire Hotel: 4-5* Las Vegas 5/17-5/20 OR 5/19-5/22

nle24
By nle24,
in

I'm excited, this is my first post. :) I need help with booking a hotel. I want to take my boyfriend to Las Vegas for 4 days/3nights. Will appreciate any comments/suggestions. I've never bid on priceline or booked on hotwire before.

5/17-5/20 OR 5/19-5/22 (whichever set of date is cheaper)

4* and above

on the strip

will not switch hotel during stay

ideal price: 150/night

I4Vegas.com is offering Bally's for $498.60 5/19-5/22 (including taxes and fees). Never stayed at Bally's before. What star is it considered? Good deal or not?

LasVegasTouristBureau.com is offering Bellagio for $683.43 5/17-5/20. Good deal or not?

Should I give hotwire and priceline a try?

:)

You'll probably definately be able to get the 5/17-20 dates cheaper since Vegas weedkday rates are typically MUCH cheaper than Weekend rates.....especially when using Priceline.

If I were you, I'd try Priceline for the Venetian (5* strip). The rooms and location don't get any better in my opinion. Midweek Priceline bids for the Venetian can usually be had for $99 - $125.

Midweek Priceline bids for the Venetian can usually be had for $99 - $125.

Have you checked for the dates mentioned above? Based upon current rates i dont' think that this is going to happen.

KGClark is correct that the cheaper dates of the two above will likely be 5/17-5/20.

When considering Vegas it's all about what you're looking for... you can find hotel rooms very cheap or very expensive... and hotel rates on the weekends are often triple the hotel rates mid-week (for the very same room).

With the above said, both the Venetian and the Bellagio are great hotels, but they come with a price.

Best deal right now, in my opinion, is the MONTE CARLO for $109/nite (5/17-5/20... $368 'all in'). This is also refundable up to 72 hours before your check-in date so you can continue to monitor rates to see if the Venetian does become available in the low $100's.

Let us know what you think and decide to do and/or if we can be of additional help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Monte Carlo is great for that price! I believe you're suggesting that I book Monte Carlo for that price as a backup, right? If Venetian or Bellagio drops below $100/night, then I can always cancel Monte Carlo, right?

When I click on the screen you provided above for the Monte Carlo. I entered the date and # of people. I was given the price of $109/night but without a hotel's name. Is that normal? How do I know that when I purchase, it is the Monte Carlo I'm purchasing?

You guys are terrific! You are so quick with your response and you save people TONS of money! You're all angels in my book! :)

So I booked Monte Carlo as suggested. Right now I'm so happy I have a NICE hotel for less than $400, I might just stay with Monte Carlo. I will continue to keep an eye out for anything just as nice but cheaper.

My sister is going with three of her girlfriends to Vegas Memorial Weekend. I know the rates will probably be outrageous but they'll be splitting the cost among four people.

So it's 5/27-5/30. 3.5* and above. Any suggestions? :)

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]