Priceline Hotel: 2.5* Milwaukee (Downtown) Ramada

jut87
By jut87,
in

It took 2 nights of bidding and my eighth bid to win this one. This doesn't appear to be a great price at face value for Milwaukee, but this weekend the PGA Championship is being played an hour north of Milwaukee, which I presume is consuming hotel inventory and driving up prices. I didn't think a 2.5* existed on Priceline since it wasn't listed on the hotel list Forum. Had I known this I wouldn't have kept blindly increasing my bids as I decreased the star value. I still thought my only options were going to be 3* and up as I was bidding on the 2.5*. So in hindsight, there may have been a rate between $56 and $80 that would have been accepted, but the Ramada was going for $112 a night on travel websites, so this was still a good rate.

First started out bidding for 8/12-8/15

3.5* - $46 REJECTED

3* - $49 REJECTED

2.5* - $56 REJECTED

Then 24 hours later started bidding again on 8/12-8/15

4* - $61 REJECTED

2.5* - $65 REJECTED

I then switched my bidding to just 8/13-8/15 I was only planning on staying the extra night if I could get a really low rate.

3.5* - $70 REJECTED

3* - $75 REJECTED

2.5* - $80 ACCEPTED

Congrats on your success. :)

This is an incredibly busy set of dates around Sheboygan due to the golf event and limited hotel

inventory in that area.

Thank you for letting us know about this new PRICELINE property so that we can update

the site's priceline hotel list for the state.

Thank you for sharing your win and please use the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Enjoy your stay.

I didn't think a 2.5* existed on Priceline since it wasn't listed on the hotel list Forum. Had I known this I wouldn't have kept blindly increasing my bids as I decreased the star value.

See the comments at the top of the Priceline Hotel List... if PRICELINE offers bidding at a certain star level in a zone it should be assumed that there is a potential hotel to be won at that rating.

Hope this still works well for your plans and given the tight demand that this is still a good deal.

Thanks for sharing :)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]