Priceline Hotel: New York City Sept 3-6

midimasc
By midimasc,
in

I have had great success with PRICELINE in the past and thought I would try it again for a New York Trip. I'd like to go to NYC Sept 3-6 for my anniversary but don't know where to start. I have never been to NYC. I would like a centrally located hotel in the 4* range for approx $150/night. Is this even realistic? What area of NYC would your recommend for a first timer. I'll be travelling with my husband and no kids. I'm worried that my dates are during labour day long weekend and will be more expensive. An alternate date we are considering is Oct 8-11, will I have better luck in my price range for these dates?

Your budget will be a little tight for NYC in September... but you October dates will likely be even worse.

At the 4* level i'd recommend bidding MTE, MTW, TS, CPS and ESB. Let us know if these zones are acceptable and we'll suggest a strategy for you to follow.

I'll also add that Jersey City may be an option for this trip as well... you lose much of the feel, vibe and convenience of the city, so often not recommended for a first time visitor... but you may be able to win a 4* hotel there within your budget and then take the PATH train into the city (~15-20 minute ride). The 4* hotels in Jersey City are relatively new and nice, but as noted above, you lose part of what make NYC so appealing.

Let us know your thoughts and we'll take it from there.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

At the 4* level you have SIX re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 4* MTE, MTW, TS, and ESB...

Bid $130, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $140, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $145, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $150, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $155, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $160, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $165, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 4* CPS...

Bid $130, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $140, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $145, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $150, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $155, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $160, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $165, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 4* MTE, MTW, TS, ESB and CPS...

Bid $170, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $175, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $180, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $185, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $190, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $195, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $200

Any questions feel free to ask.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

The 4* 70 Park Avenue near the ESB is on sale for $233 via Expedia, and then coupon code 10RELAX takes $10 off per night - $223, plus evening social wine hour due to the fact this is a Kimpton property.

Plus, if you book this property via Expedia, you get a $50 debit card sent to you 4-6 weeks after your stay (definitely read the fine print on Expedia regarding the promotion), so that adds to the deal further.

There's no way to know for sure if the hotel will offer the option to extend your stay, and you may be forced to move mid-stay.

Personally, in terms of bidding higher for ESB, I'd just take the 70 Park Avenue deal instead.

Please use the site's Expedia, PRICELINE or HOTWIRE links to start your purchases and searches.

I'm seeing the 70 Park Ave at $269/nite for the Queen Deluxe... the King Premier is $323 on my search.

GTA Hotels has 70 Park Ave for $225/nite for a "double room" but it's not clear if that means one double bed OR accommodates double occupancy. As well as the Muse for $236/nite.

What is your budget for this trip?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases. (or our GTA Hotels or Expedia link if you go that route)

Cargo1,

You really need to know how to determine these yourself as they should be checked before every bidding cycle to make sure that nothing has changed since you last checked... otherwise you can easily end up in an area you didn't intend.

Start with this thread: Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and then start a NEW TOPIC if you have any questions and/or would like help with your own stay (as the strategy above may or may not be appropriate for your own dates)

• 3 years later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]