Hotwire Hotel: 4* San Diego (Gaslamp Quarter-Convention Center) Hotel Indigo

Hangloose
By Hangloose,
in

search on Hotwire now revealed the following for 2 Adults and 1 child for October 18-20, 2010 (2 nights), 4*:

$113 but I've seen it for $109 for the same amenities in last week for Downtown:

Smoke Free Rooms

Airport Shuttle

Fitness Center

Pool(s)

Restaurant(s)

Business Center

High-speed Internet Access

Tennis Nearby - Property is located within walking distance or a short drive of at least one tennis court; an extra charge typically applies.

What is this property?

Gaslamp District has this listing, $124, same nights:

Boutique Hotel

Smoke Free Rooms

Fitness Center

Restaurant(s)

What is this property?

Would also like help in deciding which area to stay in, Downtown or Gaslamp? Will be going to San Diego Zoo for one day & Segway Tours of Gaslamp. Is anyone aware of any major conventions or events happening in SD during this time. Thanks for your input!

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE links: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Check and Research Hotel Rates at: BetterChecker.com

The 4* Downtown property matches previous reports for the Sheraton Marina while the 4* Gaslamp Quarter property matches the Hotel Indigo, so this would be my best guess for each. Of the two i would choose the Gaslamp Quarter property, as assuming we're correct on each guess, the Hotel Indigo gets very good reviews and the Sheraton Marina is up by Harbor Island, not really 'downtown' and centrally located.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Re:Sheraton Marina - yes, would rather be "downtown" and not by Harbour Island. Seems like from the reviews that the property assigns rooms in the older Bay Tower for Hotwire/Priceline guests and it's not really 4*. How often do they change hotels on Hotwire? I'm thinking I have some time before my trip in Oct. to see if the choice of 4* hotel might change. Good strategy or not?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE links: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Joehotel, how many people is your reservation for? My search revealed $109 for 2 Adults for 4* Downtown, which is most likely Sheraton Marina. I'm curious.

To close this thread, today I booked 1 room for 1 night on Oct. 18th for 2 Adults, 2 Children - 4* in Gaslamp Quarter and got Hotel Indigo for $122/nt.

I also booked a 2nd room for 2 nights Oct. 18-20th for 2 Adults, 1 child - same Hotel Indigo for $122/nt.

Boutique Hotel

Smoke Free Rooms

Fitness Center

Restaurant(s)

Thank you for providing me with lots of info & tips to help with my Hotwire purchase.

Congratulations on your success!

Looks like a great deal for this hotel, especially given that each room is booked for more than double occupancy.

Hope you're happy with the results and this property works well for your plans.

Thank you for sharing your results with the board.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Have a great stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

My booking at the Sheraton Marina was for 2 people, so that may account for the difference.

I wish Hotel Indigo had been available on HOTWIRE for my 5 nights, but was not. You are lucky to have gotten it for $122 list price is $178. It has much better reviews than the Sheraton, as I found out later the Sheraton is really two hotels, and new one and an old one, and guess where they stick the Hotwire guests.

Also you had asked if there were conventions in town. The ASA convention is from 10-15 to 10-20-2010 and is booking through about 10 hotels downtown near the convention center.

What a difference a day makes!! My search just now on Hotwire revealed that the 4* hotels in Gaslamp Quarter are sold out for Oct. 18-20th and you can see the hotel being offered for $209.30/nt. It is the Hilton San Diego Bayfront. So now I'm very, very happy with my booking at Hotel Indigo for $122/nt. for 2 adults and 2 children. Yes, price changes depending on number of adults but usually children are "free" and they will have enough beds for them. Perhaps the ASA convention (thanks for info, joehotel) is taking all the available rooms.

I'm glad I didn't stick to my initial strategy of waiting until it was closer to my trip so that the price will go down. Thank you betterbidding.com for saving me $200 on my 2 night stay in SD! :)

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]