Hotwire Hotel: 2.5* Buffalo (Airport BUF) Clarion

Hangloose
By Hangloose,
in

July 27, 2010 - booked on Hotwire, 2 Adults and 2 children.

Previous hotels listed were Days Inn, Comfort Suites or Holiday Inn Express. Now Clarion on Transit Road.

AMENITIES

Airport Shuttle

Complimentary Breakfast

Fitness Center

Pool(s)

Business Center

Laundry Facilities

High-speed Internet Access

Today on Hotwire, $109 for 2.5* with Suite Icon, perhaps Comfort Suites. Since I'm new to the Board & Hotwire, I'm not sure if my $99 at Clarion is a good deal. Please update your Hotwire hotel list in New York forum with Clarion as a possibility. Will provide review after stay as I can't find a good review on this Board. Mixed reviews on TripAdvisor.

Thanks for this very handy site to provide information to make informed decision on Hotwire purchase!

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE links: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Check and Research Hotel Rates at: BetterChecker.com

• 5 weeks later...

Arrived at 6 p.m. at this hotel. Handwritten "Sold Out" sign on the front door. The front desk clerk said there is a "discrepancy" with my booking. Not sure why but he promptly said he would call around for another similar room and Clarion Hotel would pay for it. After a few calls to other hotels, he was able to find a room with 2 beds at the Days Hotel. Days Hotel has similar amenities incl. complimentary breakfast. The Clarion is convenient as it's off Interstate 95 and about 5-10 min. from airport. There is a Cracker Barrel and Friendly's across the street. So off we went to the Days Hotel which is more convenient to the airport (across the street). Check in was smooth and no problems encountered with the move from Clarion. While I was checking in at Days, someone inquired about a room for the night and was quoted $169/nt. See comments for Days Hotel under "Hotel Reviews" tab.

Upon my return home, I sent an email to Hotwire asking for an explanation about the "discrepancy" as this is my first Hotwire booking. I wondered why Clarion waited until I showed up at 6 p.m. to start looking for another room. I was advised that "...hotel over-bookings do occur in the hotel industry and are not unique to Hotwire customers. Our hotel partners have established policies to address this situation. This requires them to re-accommodate you in another property of equal standard, as close as possible." In the end, Hotwire applied 99 HotDollars to my account, which was the cost of the room not incl. tax and charges. I was very happy with this result and will continue to use Hotwire and this website!

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE links: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Check and Research Hotel Rates at: BetterChecker.com

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$10 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: SAVEMORE

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $100+ purchase... expires 05/19/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]