Priceline Hotel: 4* London (Regents Park-Baker Street) Hilton Metropole

purplelotus
By purplelotus,
in

Started bidding on 7/25, bid again on 7/29 and won this today (7/31). Total cost is $327.60. Bid in several districts: Bloomsbury, Westminster, Chelsea, Mayfair, Kensington, City and this one, Regents Park/Baker St. Did multiple bids. Started at $65 and gradually increased bids. Kept getting Priceline pop-up saying I had only a small chance of getting hotel, but this stopped around $80. Never got a counter from Priceline. First bid tonight was $85 for Westminster. Rejected. Added Kensington and upped to $87. Also rejected. Then I started a new bid of $87 in Bloomsbury. Rejected. Added Regents Park and upped to $88. Rejected. Added Chelsea and upped to $90, and I won the Hilton! I am pleased with hotel since it is right at Tube stop. Also, I think this hotel was on Hotwire for $99 today. Was going to purchase that if I didn't get anything from Priceline tonight for less money. Read earlier today that the Pope will be in London on 9/18 so I think the prices are a bit higher and thought they may go up more as date gets closer. In March of last year I won the 4* Holiday Inn in Kensington for $77.

Used PRICELINE link on Better Bidding.

This is a great site! Still need a hotel for night of Oct 4 in London. Have bid up to $83 for 4* and haven't won anything yet. Bid up to $62 for 3* and didn't win either. I'll post my win whenever I get something. If anyone has any thoughts about bidding on 3* hotels in London, please let me know. I'm leery since some of the reviews for hotels are a bit dicey.

Congrats on your success. :)

Excellent deal for this Hilton, and glad the location will work well for your plans.

Please start a new thread for your 10/4 stay and we would be happy to help.

Thank you for sharing the details of your win with the board and please use the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start future purchases and searches.

Enjoy your stay.

Just want to finish this thread here since I don't need any more help.

Tried bidding for a 4* at Heathrow airport for $44 ($59 with taxes and fees). Rejected, no counter. Booked the Ibis at Heathrow airport for $55 (which includes all taxes and fees -- the Priceline bids didn't include these) on Hotels.com. Was non-refundable rate just like Priceline. It's my tenth night so I'll be eligible for a free night after my stay. It's very convenient for the airport, and we're flying out the next morning. Reviews were good enough, and I've stayed at several Ibis hotels around the world and find them acceptable although basic.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]