Priceline Hotel: Need help bidding in Fairfax Area...

jesstimes2
By jesstimes2,
in

Hello all!

I was just wondering if anyone had any tips/strategy for bidding on hotels in the Fairfax area for Monday 5/16/2005 - Wednesday 5/18/2005. I already booked a hotel in Tyson's Corner for Saturday and Sunday for $40.00, but I am having trouble getting one for the other dates. We are looking for a 2* or 3*. Any tips??? We would greatly appreciate it!!!

~Jessie & Jesse

How did you purchase the Tyson's Corner hotel? Since you only paid $40 i'm assuming it was a Priceline purchase, if so, please post your winning bid information as a new post so that the information will benefit others.

How much did you already try bidding (assuming you have already tried for the remaining date).

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I don't recommend that you bid for 2* hotels in the Fairfax zone, because you're likely to get

Best Western Fairfax

3535 Chain Bridge Rd

Fairfax, Virginia 22030-2703

703-591-5500

http://book.bestwestern.com/bestwestern/pr...pertyCode=47109

In 2004 I stayed at this hotel for as low as Priceline $38/night, but it's an old hotel that has not been renovated in many years. I think the only reason this hotel gets Priceline quality level of 2* is due to a restaurant on the premises. Breakfast in not included, but can be had for about $5.

You're better off bidding for 2.5* (e.g. Courtyard by Marriott), 3* (don't know any) or 4* (e.g. Hyatt).

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]