Priceline Hotel: 4* Seattle (Downtown-Pike Place) Westin

mindy66510
By mindy66510,
in

I am needing bidding help. I am wanting to bid on a 4 star hotel for 09/10/10 to 09/12/10 in the Seattle Downtown Pike Place area. I keep getting duplicate requests. I changed the bids from $65, $70, $75, $80 and $83 and also keep adding the different areas except for the Redmond area. Am I doing anything wrong?

mindy66510

If you do this correct shouldn't you get a duplicate request. Please read this link; Priceline Re-Bidding Explained

But we had a similar issue posted yesterday but i have not see any answer from the member yet so i have no more info. But we also have new posts with members that have used the bidding strategy without a problem.

What would your max budget/night be for a 4* in the Pikes Place zone?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Yellowdog.

Ok, I will try again today. Maybe I didn't bid high enough. I will start with my beginning bid and continue to add areas. When I have added all areas I will start with a fresh screen and go on to the next amount. I'll continue the process and hopefuly end up with a hotel by the end of the day.

Ok, I will try again today. Maybe I didn't bid high enough. I will start with my beginning bid and continue to add areas. When I have added all areas I will start with a fresh screen and go on to the next amount. I'll continue the process and hopefuly end up with a hotel by the end of the day.

That's not the correct method. If your bid is rejected, you add a rebid zone and increase your bid. You can't get a hotel in a rebid zone (assuming that you've determined them correctly), so you're essentially increasing your bid in your desired zone(s). The reason you add the rebid zones is so that you aren't sending a duplicate bid (a bid for the same zone/star level as one you've sent in the past 24 hours); if you add them all first without increasing you bid, you're just wasting them. And if you then start with a fresh screen (i.e. a new bid for 4* DT - Pike Place), your bid will be rejected as a duplicate, since you've already bid for 4* DT - Pike Place.

OK, I tried again today and got duplicate again. I know it has been 24 hours. Maybe I'm starting off when too low of a minimum bid. I started off with $65 and increased it by $2 with each area that I added. The only area I didn't add was Redmond area, because I want to make sure that I get a 4 star in Pike Place. I will try again tomorrow night and hopefully have better luck.

It sounds like you may not be using your re-bid zones correctly... at least your first bid went thru fine (and perhaps some others) since you mention increasing your bids by $2. Do you recall, and can you post, the exact bids you have made? For example:

Downtnown - Pike Place

added Renton

added Kent

etc, etc, etc

You really want to make sure you have the re-bidding correct or you could end up in a zone you didn't intend.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]