Priceline Hotel: Looking for Hotel near Grove City Outlet Mall

bigredsfan
By bigredsfan,
in

Hey Guys

First post, so hope this is in the right place.

We have booked a 1 night stay at the Clarion Holiday Inn for Saturday night, just looking to get away for 1 night and shop the outlet mall in Grove City. We are paying full pop, so I was hoping to find something cheaper. We know the drive may be 45 mins or so, but nonetheless....I have searched the forums here but can't find anything available. Any tips on what else to do? Can I find out if the Holiday Inn Clarion is offered on priceline for me to bid? Any other hotels in the Erie/Clarion area you would suggest I try? I see the Hampton Inn and Wyndham are listed on here at 2.5* in Clarion but their sites should sold out. Should I try to bid anyhow? Simply bid 2.5* in Clarion Penn and see if I get lucky?

Lots of q's, hope to get answers.

Cheers

hey, thanks for moving this, thought it should have gone here but wasn't sure. Yes we are trying for Sat. night, and our rate at the HI was $133, ouch! Tried the Four Points found on the PRICELINE links, but shows sold out. Found a Grove City rate at the Best Western for $90 AAA rate, so not bad I guess, but was hoping for a bit nicer hotel for my kids to destroy and keep the rest of the hotel up at night!

There is no way to tell if a specific hotel, or any hotel for that matter, is available for bidding on a given nite. As well, it sounds as if you'll be more than double occupancy (or were you intending to get more then one room??) Note that PRICELINE only guarantees double occupancy, so you could receive a room with only one bed... would this be an accepted situation/risk?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

we actually found this out kind of with the Best Western...they allowed us to bring our own pack n play crib because we are 5. My problem with PRICELINE could have been that some of my seraches I did for a family of 2 adults and 3 kids, instead of 2. Used Buff Amherst Marriott in the past and only said 2 kids and had some success (up until this long weekend though).

cheers

My problem with PRICELINE could have been that some of my seraches I did for a family of 2 adults and 3 kids, instead of 2.

Do you mean HOTWIRE... as PRICELINE doesn't enable you to enter the number of guests and all reservations are for double occupancy.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 1 month later...

Thanks for the follow-up!

Please note, as per our support page, that we are an affiliate of the Best Western as well as most other major hotel chains and online agencies... please check there for your hotel direct purchases.

Please remember to follow-up your threads with whatever you end up doing for the stay, even if you choose to book direct, cancel your trip, etc.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]