Priceline Hotel: 4* NYC (MTW) Warwick

kytv
By kytv,
in

Hi Everybody,

I am new to PRICELINE and HOTWIRE. Have been browsing here for a while and now ready to take the plunge. Great site!

The missus and I are coming to NY for 10th wedding anv. I have seen another post regarding bidding strategies for midtown Manhatten - using the 6 districts that apply etc. I can follow this. My question to those of you that may know - what should be my starting point for a 4 night stay, starting on 6th October. Any events/conventions that are likely to push up overall demand? Was hoping to get a 4* for approx $200 per night with taxes paid? Is that reasonable?

Final question - is the star rating system in the USA similar to UK / Ireland?

Many thanks

J

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Congratulations on your upcoming anniversary. :)

Unfortunately this is a busy time of year in NYC and rates are fairly high (the upside is that the weather is usually quite nice) and based upon current prices i'm doubtful you'll be able to get a 4* hotel in Midtown for $200 or less 'all-in' (which is ~$170 bid price)... for a 4* you're probably looking about the high $200's... a 3.5* may be available near the high end of your limit, although if your maximum was a $200 bid (rather than all-in) it might increase your chances somewhat.

I'm not familiar with Ireland specific star ratings, but compared to the UK, the US is a bit more 'stringent'... where a 4* in the US may be equivalent to a 3* in the UK.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know your thoughts and how you'd like to proceed and we'll take it from there.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thank you for sharing your result with the board!

Enjoy your stay.

Please use the site's HOTWIRE and PRICELINE links to start future purchases.

We have moved your post to its own thread so that other will be aware of your win when searching the topic titles of the board and the Priceline and Hotwire Calendar of Wins. Please post your wins in a separate topic in the future.

Yellowdog.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]