Priceline Hotel: 4* Los Angeles (Airport LAX) Sheraton Gateway

micronta
By micronta,
in

Used the PRICELINE link from here and pretty much knew it would be the Sheraton gateway as it was the trend of the wins here. I originally started in the 50's for 4* then tried $65, $68 and was rejected. Finally at $70 it was accepted, plus tax it came to $83 US. Seems to be slightly higher compared to some bids won for July.

Weird thing is that I used a bid combination ABCD that I had already used more than 24 hours ago but I thought that wasn't allowed per itinery. I'm pretty sure I used the combo as I jot it all down as it's my first time bidding. It was the combo of: LAX area, lawnsdale, culver and redondo. Great that it worked as it was the last bid possibility.

Before bidding I checked up on Expedia, hotwire.com and the hotelweb site to use as a comparison as I'm Canadian and would have to factor in the foreign exchange and the credit card currency fees. With this bid the savings is about $15 per night compared to Expedia, since internet access in the room is extra I'm thinking. But I called and they do have free internet access in the lobby.

One thing that's a bonus is that this is a 4* non smoking hotel. To me that's worth forking out extra. I dreaded the thought of winning the 3.5 Crown plaza which is significantly less, but has awful smoking comments on reviews I have read.

It is a nice hotel. We stayed there a year ago through PRICELINE. However, be sure to monitor your e-mail before your trip. In late May my bid of $70 was accepted for the same hotel, but 3 weeks later, on the day we arrived in L.A., I found in my e-mail box a message from Priceline saying that the Sheraton discovered it was overbooked and had moved us to the 3 1/2-star Radisson. No reimbursement, just an electronic coupon good for $10 a night, for up to 5 nights, on a future PRICELINE bid (just one stay).

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]