Priceline Hotel: Resort Oahu (Waikiki Beach) Marriott Waikiki Beach

cmmarkham
By cmmarkham,
in

I'm new to this forum, and to Priceline. After reading through lots of the advice posted here, I decided to give Priceline a try for our two pre-cruise nights on Oahu (and I used the PRICELINE link on this forum, of course). I purposely made my first bid so low it was unlikely to be accepted so that I could get a feel for how it worked. I bid $100 for a resort level hotel in the Waikiki Beach area for 8/26-28. As expected, it was not accepted but I got an offer to increase my bid by $20 and try again immediately. After some thought, I did that and my $120 bid was accepted for the Marriott Waikiki Beach.

I don't know if I did as well as more experienced posters here, but I'm very satisfied - especially since the Marriott is the same hotel I was holding a reservation for already at $179 a night! I'm very pleased with my $59 per night savings. Thanks to the moderators and posters here for all the great information and advice.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]