Hotwire Hotel: Having a problem with Hotwire's website Anyone else?

bobcook54
By bobcook54,
in

I've been having an issue with their website and am wondering if anyone else has. When I do a hotel search for ,say, 2 adults and one child,when the results come up it has defaulted back to 2 adults only.I can put in any combination and still it comes back as 2 adults.It just started doing this in the last few weeks, on any computer I use,and any city I choose.In the past,I have found it can make a difference in the price. I cleared my cookies,etc. I called their 800 number and all the lady wanted to do was book a hotel for me and somewhat pissed off said she would file a report.Any suggestions?

What browser are you using? Using IE6, I could not replicate your experience. My search came through with 2 adults and 1 child and did not revert back.

Why don't you put in a bid for 3 persons (adult) just to make sure you get enough beds. Does that give you a similar price, or higher?

I haven't been able to find an example of differences when I change the number of child occupants from 0 to 1. Doesn't mean these changes don't exist - I don't know in your case, but for the examples I just tried, the price isn't fluctuating when I switch from 1 person to 3 persons and change the number of children. Try this for your specific case and let us know.

Make sure to click this link before making your hotwire searches... Please use the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

When I do a hotel search for ,say, 2 adults and one child,when the results come up it has defaulted back to 2 adults only.I can put in any combination and still it comes back as 2 adults.

I don't think there is any issue with their website, but rather a change in computer programming after a recent update where the search box reverts back to default levels...

If you go to HOTWIRE (please use our link) and do a search for more than double occupancy. At the offerings page, look at the top left corner of the page where it lists "Your hotel search results" and under that the city and dates for which you searched. Under the city and dates, do you see the correct number of adult/children you searched for? That is the criteria for the offerings shown, even though the search box on the left side of the page has returned to the default 2adults/0children.

Please confirm it's working correctly (although perhaps not clearly for the end user) as described above.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]