Priceline Hotel: 3* San Diego (Coastal) Sea Lodge La Jolla

Tripped Out
By Tripped Out,
in

Checked on Hotwire and some other sites and most four stars are 90+.

Started bidding in downtown on a 4* at 70 got rejected.

Added Coronado and moved it to 75...got rejected.

Added Ponto-Loma - Shelter Island - Old Town still on a 4* to 80...got rejected.

Then dropped down...added 3 star at 70 and still rejected.

What am I doing wrong?

Im staying there from 5/22-5/25. I checked on some convention and there a huge convention (approx 15,000 people) that same weekend. I think that's why the prices are so high right now.

Can anyone tell me where to start bidding? I'd like to stay as close to downtown as possible bc we wont be renting a car and want to be close to the airport. And also I'd want to stay in a 3 star or higher.

Thanks

Not sure if you been in SD but the first thing is that you will need a car for there are a lot of points of interest in the San Diego area that you should visit (La Jolla where the seals hang out and great shops and parks, to the balboa park (hugh park once an exposition and where the zoo resides) to Coronado island. If you want peace and a beat scene, I would stay in Coronado but the mission bay is nice along with the La Jolla area. Basically, any location is fine in SD just try to get a 4* if the price is right. Here are some of the choices:

Coronado Island: Any location is a winner here.

Mission bay: There is the Hyatt and the Hilton that is fair.

BTW, why do you want to stay close to the airport with all the noise.. Usually any location by the airport is trashy...

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]