Priceline Hotel: PL adding 4* properties to my free re-bid?

lanacaine
By lanacaine,
in

I bid for an SJU resort first at 114, then added SJU boutique and upped the price to 116.

When trying to cop a free re-bid for the SJU boutique (by adding Mayaguez-Isabela, an area that has only 2-3* properties listed and upping the price a "little" to 125), PL is adding a 4* propertry designation to my bid.

Problem is, no 4* properties appear in any areas in PR when viewing properties area-by-area.

Should I be worried that I will be booked into an "unlisted" 4* property in Mayaguez that I really don't want?

Or is this a PL ploy to discourage area additions for free re-bids?

Just curious...

If I get an SJU property I will certainly post... this is my first time on PL :)

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Please let us know the date(s) of your stay as your rejected bids could benefit others wasting bids if they're looking for the same date(s) as you are. If you provide your dates we may also be able to add some insight as to whether or not your bids are realistic.

Why don't you close the browser, re-access priceline, then only select Resort (and/or Boutique)... i don't think a 4* option would be shown.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Sorry and thanks for the guidance.

Trying for a stay 31 March- 4 April and have a "backup" in Hotel Milano in OSJ at 114/night.

125 is not realistic for the boutique listing since the Water Club is averaging 294/night, but was hoping to maybe pull one of the resorts at 125/night with the Condado available at 188/night and the Caribe at 242/night.

When I attempted their advised re-bid from the PL "sorry we were unable to find..." page by adding Mayaguez as an option (where only 2-3* properties are listed) in order to bid a higher amount on SJU resort/boutique, a 4* option popped up with both areas selected when none was listed separately in either SJU or Mayaguez...

I will try re-accessing PL page instead of using the PL instant re-bid page and let you know... thanks again!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]