Hotwire Hotel: 3* Rochester (Northwest-Airport ROC) Holiday Inn Airport

travelt
By travelt,
in

I am just starting to search for a hotel for when I take my daughter to move in to Rochester Institute of Technology in Rochester, New York 8/31/-9/2. I believe the airport area is the closest to the college. I've read some of the hotwire reviews for a 3 star hotel (no 4 star in the airport area) and it varies widely on the quality of a 3 star from the reviews. I will have a rent car so free parking will be important. The doubletree is rated well and says it has free parking. Will that be the best way to identify it as one of the better 3 star hotels?

Would you suggest staying a little further away in downtown to get a 4 star?

I've never been to Rochester so have no idea how congested downtown could be,how safe it is at night or how far.

Should I just stick with a 3 star near the airport? Anyone have any favorites near the airport to try to achieve?

Thanks for any help.

Travel T

Welcome to Betterbidding. :)

The Doubletree has not yet been reported to the board/ID'd. as a HOTWIRE win yet. The list of hotels in the Rochester area that have been reported to the board can be found in this Hotwire Hotel List.

When searching for 2 adults on HOTWIRE for these dates, I see a downtown 3* w/

Shuttle, Restaurant, Pool, Fitness, Business, Laundry, Golf, which would be a possible match

for the Radisson.

There's also a 3* in the West Rochster-Airport ROC area w/suite, fitness, pool, business, laundry, internet and kitchenette, which has not yet been ID'd for $96. The prices you see may vary slightly. Some HOTWIRE listings in some areas do display a free parking icon, but this is seen fairly rarely, and otherwise there is no way to ensure free parking.

Please use the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

• 8 months later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$10 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: SAVEMORE

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $100+ purchase... expires 05/19/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]