Priceline Hotel: 3* NYC (UM/CPS) Hudson Hotel

ihcl03980
By ihcl03980,
in

hi there

i am new to these boards but have been reading them over and over these past few days.

could you please advise me on..

i will be in new york april 11 - 17 , 6 nights. the last time i was there i stayed at the bedford hotel. to book that hotel now for my dates will cost $186.00 per night including tax on Expedia etc. will i get a better deal than that on priceline/hotwire? what do you think i will pay for say a 3.5 - 4* room in april? also when should i start to bid? i was thinking if i use priceline i could start bidding now every 72 hours, or should i wait and use hotwire nearer to the time?

many thanks in advance for any help. i love checking these boards everyday to see what people have paid for a room.

/bob

Welcome to BetterBidding!

I do think you can beat the Bedford deal for these dates, but to clarify, are you trying to beat the value of the Bedford (ie- willing to spend a little more for a step-up in quality) or just a roof over your head at less cost?

What is the pre-tax/pre-fee amount you are willing to bid/pay, then we can determine your best option and/or a bidding strategy for you to follow.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

hi

thanks for your reply

the maximum i can pay is $140 per night pre tax/pre fee. i am travelling alone so not too bothered if not a 4*. is there much difference in price between 3 and 4 star. i would like to stay MTE, the roosevelt looks brilliant, but hey, two visits ago i stayed at the vanderbilt YMCA lol. i am just trying to roughly see what i would get at what price as i am new to this and still reading up on the forum n stuff

thanks once again

/bob

You should be able to get something at $140, but i'm much more confident about beating the $186/nite rate than necessarily getting something below $140.

There is a difference between most of the 3* and 4* hotels in NYC, but there is often only a small difference in price... this is why there are many more 4 star bids posted than 3 star, most prefer the few extra dollars per nite and not having to worry about any of the borderline 3* hotels that may be in a given zone..

Let us know when you're plans are firm and you are ready to make a purchase and we'll suggest a strategy and other options at that time, based upon current rates.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I would start bidding as soon as you know that your plans are firm (since priceline is non-refundable/non-cancellable).

Is $140 your prefered maximum bid, because if you're unsuccessful at that level, what would you do... i'm just confused as to your maximum bid amount if the Bedford is $186.

Would you like us to provide a bidding strategy? If so, are you willing to accept anything in the MTE, MTW, UM/CPS zones?

$140 is my prefered maximum bid, as once tax / fees are added it will add up to $185

Taxes and fees are not anywhere close to $45/nite.

MTE is your preferred area... is that the only area you want to bid?

You could start bidding lower and increase your maximum bid over time. Even though i think it will likely take more than $140, any strategy we recommend would start below that. This way you have a chance at getting a lower rate if it's available, but goes up to what is a more realistic price to get accepted so you increaes your probabilty of success.

Would you rather spend more to be in this area or less to be in a MTW or UM/CPS area?

Let us know the above and we'll supply a strategy.

• 4 weeks later...

hi there

i am shortly going to bid for a hotel in new york. i have been reading all the past posts in the forums to get an idea of how priceline works.

i was wondering if my partner could register seperately with priceline on my computer? that way if my bid fails they could try again for me but with my credit card, without waiting 72 hours?

many thanks

/bob

• 4 weeks later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]