Hotwire Hotel: 3* Washington Dupont Circle

verga
By verga,
in

Hi thereuare,

My family of 3 adults would like to book a one night accommodation in DC for Sept 13/10 (Mon). We prefer somewhere central because we will be taking the Bolt Bus to NYC at 7:30 am on Sept 14.

Since there are 3 of us, it would not be advisable to book through Priceline as we are not guaranteed 2 beds. Up until yesterday, lastminutetravel was showing a 4* Washington D/T hotel at $111 before taxes for 2 people and I am pretty sure it was the Washington Marriott, DC. When I put 3 people, this hotel was not showing up. This is the reason why I didn't book it because I may end up with a small "Priceline" room - not big enough for 3 adults even if one sleeps on the floor.

In Hotwire, Homewood Suites is showing up at $179.10 for 3 people (2 double beds) or $222 (all in). This rate includes hot buffet breakfast (7 days a week) and a light dinner (Mon-Thu only). This hotel was showing up in Orbitz up until yesterday at $186 for 2 beds (same price for 2 to 4 people). Orbitz's total with taxes was cheaper because it doesn't charge a booking fee. I also have a 10% promo code for a one time use which could have brought down my total to $206 (all in). Unfortunately, this hotel is no longer showing in Orbitz.

Is $222 (AI) a good deal already or should I hold off booking until closer to my arrival date.

Thanks in advance for your input.

Nobody can say if rates will come down... or go up... between now and your stay. Rates are high for this nite, and you're triple occupancy... i would book the Orbitz deal with the promo code IF the rate is refundable... if not i would take the HOTWIRE / Hotels.com $179 refundable rate (ie- not the cheaper non-refundable date) This will protect you from rates increasing and also leave your options open to take advantage of any deal which may appear in the next 6-7 weeks.

How old is your son?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases. (or our Orbitz or Hotels.com links if you go that route)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

As always, thanks for your advise, thereuare.

Using your link, I booked today with Orbitz the refundable rate of $219 per night (1 BR suite, 2 double beds, non-smoking). After my 10% one-time promo welcome discount, this brought the hotel cost down to $229.25 including taxes.

My daughter, who is joining us, on this trip is in her early 20s.

Please edit subject line. Thanks!

Sorry, don't know where i had read son, perhaps a thread i read prior to my reply above (as i also though was a 'child' in booking terms... but in his 20's obviously needs to be counted as an adult)

Thanks for using our Orbitz link and let us know if anythings appears on HOTWIRE for triple occupany between now and your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]