Priceline Hotel: 4* London (Bloomsbury - Marble Arch) Hilton Euston

allen074
By allen074,
in

ok here goes :) thank you for quick reply!

Are these the only two zones you'd consider or is Mayfair acceptable also?

--- Mayfair is ok too - why do you ask? I am actually going to need another room from prob 7/1 - 7/7 so was thinking of staying in x zone for this stay and y zone for next stay

Do you have any preference as to which zone?

--- Last time I stayed across from hyde park in corus hyde park - it was nice after we got upgraded room (no idea what * it is)

Do you know your rebid zones?

--- Yes, Notting Hill - Bayswater, Regents Park - Baker Street

Do you know the disadvantages of at least one of the rather remote 5* Kensington-zone hotels?

--- No?

I think you have the highest odds of getting a 5* hotel in Mayfair, which is why I asked.

At least one of the 5* hotels in Kensington is a long walk from the tube, although I don't recall the details. And it's definitely not in the center of things, unlike the Mayfair 5* hotels,- you will have to take some transport out to get to the main sights.

There are other rebid zones for 5* in London too, but those might be enough.

I don't think the 5* in Kensington would suit what you want - but look into it and see what you think.

The Mayfair 5* hotels would be very close to the action.

Bloomsbury 5* hotels would probably be good, although I haven't looked at those lately.

However, I'm not sure you can meet your bid price anyway.

I'd say - start with a bid of $120 for Mayfair 5*.

If that's rejected, close your browser, and start with a bid of $120 for Bloomsbury 5*.

If there's any inventory, you'll probably get a counteroffer with one bid or the other, and then you can post back what that is.

We're sorry, but we couldn't find a hotel willing to accept your offer of $120 for a hotel room in the London, England area. Your credit card has not been charged for Request Number 216-200

It says I can add another zone but should I do it or wait?

I also cant believe the taxes and fees are $120 on a $600 price for the room!

You have many more free rebid zones than you listed. Also applicable as rebid zones are: hammermsith, the city, southbank, westminster, london bridge.

All told if you play your cards right for 5* in london you can place as many as 30+ bids per 72 hours if need be.

Although the biggest thing working against you is that PL vacations is showing NO five stars right now for those dates (remember to search 6/20 to 6/26 using a west coast departure airport - you would therefore by necessity get an overnight flight and arrive 6/21 to europe, east coast airports are not good options to search using PL vacations for europe hotels). And I can tell you from personal experience, all the london 5 stars except perhaps the Conrad *DO* participate in PL vacations. So the absence means to me PL does not have access to five star inventory for your dates, sorry to say. No hurt in trying anyway to bid though.

bloomy 5* star for $105 was not accepted

Is there a way to see what the corus hyde park is rated at? i thought it was pretty nice..

what should i bid for a 4* ? I just checked the vacations and no 5star like you say... i wish the vacations you could pick the area like you can with the hotels

I appreciate your help very much!

I also need to book a room in brussels and berlin :)

As I stated above, I don't think you'll get a 5* room for those dates right now (this view tends to be supported by the fact that you have not even received a counter offer). Priceline simply doesn't have any 5* availability for your dates right now, and they can't sell you a room they don't have.

You can either [A] wait to see if something opens up (check PL vacations once every few days using the method above to see if Priceline now has 5* for your dates - if not, don't waste your time bidding again) or bid for 4* now, which you'll surely get right away.

We were not able to process this request since our records indicate you have already made a request for this same trip. Your credit card has not been charged for Request Number 214-.

We'd be happy to try your request again if you can do any one of the following:

Change your dates of stay

Select a different hotel quality star level

Add more areas in which you'd be willing to stay

If you can change any of these items, you can also name a new price. If you are unable to change your request as indicated above, you will need to wait at least 72 hours from the time you made your original offer to try again.

I promise to report these bids ASAP (I'm swamped) but I've won the Hilton Olympia (4* Kensington) recently as low as $73. Millenium Gloucester on the weekend for $84. So you may want to lowball your 4* bidding in Kensington at $65 or $70 if you have the time and patience.

Hey WT, are you subbing in for thereuare? :)

4* kensington -- bid $65 - this is what came back:

We searched hundreds of options to find your hotel room, however we were not able to find a hotel that would accept your price for $65 per 4* room, per night. Your credit card has not been charged for Request Number 209-. During our search we found a hotel room available for $118 per room, per night. If you are willing to accept this new price, you can get your hotel room right now.

any thoughts?

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]