Priceline Hotel: Parking available at hotels in northern Italy?

N.Italy
By N.Italy,
in

I am planning to priceline either a 3*, 4* or 5* hotel room in Milan, Venice, Bologna, Florence, and possibly other cities (where priceline is available) in Northern Italy. Do any of these hotels provide parking with the cost of the room? If not, what is the typical cost of parking at the hotel? or do most hotels in these cities not have on-site parking, in which case, how close to the hotel is parking available, and at what cost? Thanks!

I don't think anyone can make any rule, except parking is sure to cost a lot extra, if it is available which it may not be. Check some likely hotels and see what their parking charges are. I think 20-25 Euros per day is typical.

In Venice, you won't get a parking spot for sure!

There's the whole issue of driving into the center of an Italian city, which is not necessarily recommended, although I've never tried.

I'm doubtful that Priceline is a very good value for Italy, except possibly at the 5* level. Having a convenient, central location is so important, and often not possible if you use Priceline.

Over the last dozen years I've made about 20 trips to Italy, with maybe 75% of those involving a rental car (in most cases I was driving in from Germany/Austria or France as part of extended trips). I like the freedom and flexibility that a car gives you, but yes, there are times and places when you'll want to park the vehicle and walk or use public transport (such as when transit is available). Driving into and out of the "cento" is not a big deal - hoerver, driving in the tight confines of the old town section of some cities (the so-called 'cento storico') can be innerving to a first timer.

The (non) availability of on site parking is simply a matter of the hotel's site. Many hotels located in 18th or 19th century buildings simply don't have room for etensive garages or lots. However, because a significant amount of their domestic clientele does arrive by car, most have arrangements with nearby garages.

In my experience, the hotels that provide no-charge parking are those that are NOT in the cento. For example, when visiting Bologna with a car, I stayed at the Sheraton Bologna (near the airport) where parking is plentiful and free. To go into town, I'd either drive in and park at a garage or on the street, or I also had the option of taking the Sheraton shutttle to the airport and from there taking the

• 4 years later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]