Using Gift Cards with Hotwire/Priceline?

Kassie
By Kassie,
in

So my fiance got a Marriott Travel Rewards card for $50, we were wondering if anyone has tried to use a gift card to pay for part of a purchase off of Priceline or Hotwire? I know the hotel can tell that you purchased the stay from a third party but wasn't sure how this would be handled.

Anyone have any experience with this? Do you think they would accept a blind bid, not-blind bid, or neither of the above?

Somehow I doubt they would accept it for a blind bid, but I'm curious nonetheless.

Welcome to Betterbidding. :)

Unfortunately, there would be no way to use a hotel gift card with HOTWIRE and PRICELINE, as they are separate non-refundable services. Additionally, there is no way to guarantee a specific property or hotel brand with either opaque service, although you may be able to make a guess that a Marriott property is showing on HOTWIRE (although still no guarantees.) The only way to use a Marriott gift card for a room purchase would likely be through Marriott directly, unfortunately.

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]