Priceline Hotel: NYC Hotel

lostinplace
By lostinplace,
in

Hi-

We're looking for a hotel for Saturday, July 30, 2005 for one night. We'd prefer MTW, then MTE (also open to MTS). There will be three of us. We want something safe and clean, no need for anything fancy.

We won't be out partying all night long, and will probably be in bed before midnight.

My questions:

What star rating should I bid for?

When should I start bidding?

Also, what price should I expect to pay?

On another note, we'll be seeing a show on Sunday afternoon. Will most hotels hold our luggage until after the show?

Thanks in advance!

Welcome to BetterBidding!

I don't think i'd recommend Priceline in this instance as you have 3 people, and Priceline only guranteed double occupancy... many NYC hotel rooms only have one bed and don't have enough room for a rollaway cot.

HOTWIRE and EasyClick will allow you to book for more than double occupancy which will ensure that you have enough sleeping accomodations for each person in your party, although you may pay a little more for it.

If you give us an idea of your budget we can try to come up with the best option in that range.

Most hotels will allow you to store your bags after check-out, although a few may charge a few for it.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I would book the 1BR suite at the Beekman Tower for $169/nite. You'll need to search for only 2 people, but the description indicates there is one bed in the bedroom and a pullout sofa in the living room.

Technically it's more than you mention you want to spend, but there's no booking fee so it's really only about $3 more than a $160 priceline bid, plus:

-priceline really isn't an option due to the triple occupancy

-it gives you a lot more room for 3 people

-it's cancellable up to 72 hours before arrival so you can always continue to check Hotwire for something better (including 3 people in your search to ensure enough beds for everyone) Rates in NYC get inexpensive in the summer, but currently searching for 3 makes everything 'jump up' a bit

-the REVIEWS are excellent

Does that work for you?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]