Priceline Hotel: 3* St. Louis (Downtown) Sheraton on 14th St

jackkrat
By jackkrat,
in

Supposedly there's a lot of conventions this weekend ... that's what a hotel (I forget which one) told my friend who's getting married. Therefore the *special* wedding/group rate was $100+/night. Figuring that the conventions would make it impossible to get a decent rate, my wife and I were planning on staying with some other friends instead of paying the group rate. In the end, we decided to try Priceline and it paid off!

This is an example of how sites like this increase revenue for hotels that have otherwise empty beds. After all, we got a hotel room instead of staying with friends. Everyone wins!

It was my first bid, but I'd already received the same price/hotel for a different wedding in May. I was afraid that the "conventions" may have taken up all the rooms, but for all I know that was just a lie.

As for the location, it's actually a few blocks closer than the hotel that the bride and groom reserved rooms at!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]