Hotwire Hotel: 5* Venetian (Strip) Venetian

TL811
By TL811,
in

I'm planning to go to Las Vegas for my birthday in August (around 8/7 or 8/8 to 8/12.) I'd love to get a room at the Venetian. When do you think is the best time to start bidding for a room on priceline? How much do you think I'm looking at for a 5 [week]day stay there? Thanks so much!

Hi! The cheapest I actually found this far in advance is $177/night on weeknights (Sunday was more expensive.) Not a bad price for the Venetian, but I've been reading about people getting as low as $99/night within a month of their travel dates. Ideally, I'd like to spend no more than $150/night.

Check HOTWIRE... i'm currently showing what is highly believed to be the Venetian for those dates at $203/nite. Purchase that and then apply for Hotwire's double the difference gurantee.

Assuming all goes well....

Hotwire: $203/nite

Vegas: $178

Difference: $25

Double the Difference: $50

Cost: $203/nite - $50 DD guarantee = $153/nite

If you choose to do this please use our link at hte biegining of this post and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I followed the advice I was given here and ended up getting a room at the Venetian for about $106.33/night using DTD. Here's what happened:

Purchased reservations from Hotwire for $277/night.

Found reservations on BookVegas for $177.82/night and submitted a DTD request.

Waited an agonizing weekend to hear back from Hotwire!

Received an email this morning refunding me $792.

That comes out to about $425 total, including taxes for our 4 night stay (Mon-Fri.)

I checked back on hotwire for the same dates, and it seems they lowered the price to $119/night!

Thanks!!! :)

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]