Priceline Hotel: 4* San Diego (Downtown-Harbor Isl) Sheraton Marina

theosam3
By theosam3,
in

I first bid $75 for 4 Star with Zone: Downtown San Diego and Harbor Island Area and was rejected . I rebidded adding the Del Mar Zone and was accepted .

Your Offer Price: $85.00

Number of Rooms: 1

Number of Nights: 2 ( March 18 and 19th )

Subtotal: $170.00

Taxes & Service Fees: $28.23

Total Charges: $198.23

The hotel website is listing these rooms @ $179 per night for the days I will be there which gives me a 2 day savings of at least $156.77 Plus taxes !!!

I was really hoping to get the Westin Horton but I guess the Sheraton isn't all that bad either . Has anyone else stayed here ? A little feedback on this hotel would be greatly appreciated .

In any event, I would like to send a special thanks to Betterbidding for all this great information .

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Thank you for sharing your winning bid with the rest of the board... that's the essence of what makes this board so great!

We have a HOTEL REVIEWS section on the board and a user HERE didn't seem to like this hotel very much a year ago, although the more recent reviews at least seem a bit more promising.

Enjoy your stay... we look forward to hearing your own feedback upon your return.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I've stayed at this property and I actually quite liked it. I think I had a room in the tower which does NOT have the main check-in area. I liked the room, the bed was angled toward the patio doors and the water view. I'm pretty sure I had decent room service for dinner (was just there for one night, work-related).

I think people are unhappy with this hotel when they really want to be downtown or right in the Gaslamp District. This Sheraton is a little way from town, right by the airport, so you either need a car or cab or you have to go out of your way to catch a bus (either a good walk or the shuttle to the airport).

I also stayed at the Westin Horton Plaza right by the Gaslamp District and while that location was much more convenient for going for strolls, I actual liked the Sheraton better as a hotel.

I suspect the hotel has quite a range of room styles and views, some with more airport noise than others. Be very pleasant at check-in and let them know if you are sensitive to noise, if you would really like a higher room with view, etc.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]