One quick question

clemsontigers
By clemsontigers,
in

I've tried reading through the FAQs and other posts, but the one thing about "Name Your Own Price" I can't figure it out is:

What exactly happens after you enter in all of your info/credit card numbers and click "Buy My Hotel Room Now"? I've read about how people can guess which hotel they are going by looking at the amenities provided and how Priceline will give them two options and say "Hotel A has these amenties", etc.

Am I immediately locked into a hotel if I win a bid, or will Priceline list the amenties and ask if I want to purchase it before revealing the hotel name?

Welcome to BetterBidding!

You're combining two different services...

With PRICELINE you select the zone, star level and price... you submit the bid and if accepted PRICELINE tells you the name of the hotel and you own the room for the nites you bid for.

HOTWIRE is the service which shows a star level, price and amenities... from there you can decide of you want to purchase any of the offerings for the price indicated.

See this thread for more info regarding the similarities and differences between the two services: I've Never Used Priceline or Hotwire.

If you would like help with an upcoming stay let us know the details (city, zone, star rating, desired budget, dates, etc) as a reply to this thread and we'll move this thread to the appropriate section of the board and take it from there.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]