Priceline Hotel: Resort Maui (Wailea-Makena) Wailea Marriott

superman30
By superman30,
in

Looking for sept1 to sept5 mauii trip stay... I started bidding the resorts starting from 90$ ~175$ all failed.

Kannapali resorts -> 120 ,145, 150, 175$ all failed (1st pref)

Wakena resorts -> 80, 100 , 115 , 120$ all failed .(2nd pref)

I have looked and people have got the bids for this amount for this places.

Am i bidding to early or my stragegy is wrong in bidding?

Rates are date specific, so the rates/prices you see for one person's win may not necessarily be available for your own dates (should demand/prices for your dates be higher)

With the above noted, i suspect you're not too far off from a win, is $175 and $120 your maximum bid in each zone?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

yes these are my max bidding as 25$/day resort fees will be added on top of it. I really want to stay @ kanappali resorts and that 2 in Hyatt, but when bidding there is no way i can select sheraton / hyatt. Looking @ the rates online moslty if i win it will be sheraton , is there a way i can make sure that my bid is going for Hyatt?

No, you can't bid on a specific hotel.

Usually if you're trying to target a specific property HOTWIRE can be a better option since you can take an educated guess as to the property you may receive based upon the amenities shown before your purchase. However, if your bids above are being rejected i presume the HOTWIRE offerings are over your budget?

If you're bidding your maximum bid there is not much else you can do other than continue to try and hope that lower priced inventory is loaded into the system between now and your stay.

I'd continue to bid every other day to see if something comes up... in the meantime, if you haven't already, i'd recommend booking a cancellable back-up to protect yourself from prices going even higher.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Keep us updated and let us know if we can be of further help along the way.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Looks like i will be trying the wailea-makena resort as the primary bidding place for my stay from Sept1-Sept5

i already tried the bids starting from $100/$115 but got rejected. I will try to bump up the price $120 which i am saw got accepted for one person for Marriott resort.

Please let me know if you have few tips on this ...

$120-$135 seems to be the going rate for this time of year at the moment... is $120 your maximum bid for a Resort in this zone?

If you'd like us to suggest a bidding strategy to follow please confirm your maximum bid and we'll advise accordingly.

At the Resort level you have TWO re-bid zones.. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select Resort Wailea...

Bid $100, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $118, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $120

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

At the moment i'm somewhat confident that $135 or less would be successful, but with time on your side you can continue to bid your current limits (or increase $1-$5 just to test as i don't think you're too far off)

At the moment i'm somewhat confident that $135 or less would be successful, but with time on your side you can continue to bid your current limits (or increase $1-$5 just to test as i don't think you're too far off)

Yes i am bidding every day as i have good amount of time on my hands...i will keep the forum posted with my results.

Hey guys,

I have been bidding on a Wailea resort for a number of weeks now and following the threads for any advice on September winning bids.

My dates are 6-10 September (4 nights) and I have been bidding almost every second day for a number of weeks.

I followed the above advice today and am still being rejected. My first bid was $125, second $130, third $140 = all failed (adding zones Wailea + Kahului + Kihei).

Has anybody had any luck for Wailea resorts in early September, or could anybody provide any advice whether I should be bidding more than $140 (I have seen the Marriott go for $92 quite recently for dates in July)

Thanks in advance!

tried again for the resort in walia - makena area no luck, the highest bid i added was for 140$/nite.

I will updated again if luck favours me :)

Tried again today with same failure, today increased the rate to 150$ same crap rejected. :)

I guess for these dates there is no low price rooms opened as i am still seeing people getting room on different dates for 120$ ...:o ..

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]