Priceline Hotel: 2* Okeechobee Travelodge Suites

bacardi
By bacardi,
in

Nothing on BB's list for Okeechobee FL...Using the PRICELINE link I started $20 and over multiple days and got it up to $29 and received the $10 counter offer which I declined. Upon doing some research, Hotwire lists a 2* for $39/night...Hotwire doesn't list any amenities but states a 4 out of 5 rating on trip advisor. There is currently only two *2's in Okeechobee which are the Travellodge Suites and Pier II. The Travellodge Suites has the 4 out of 5 rating where the Pier has 3.5. Therefore extremely high odds that Hotwire will be the Travel lodge Suites and since they're participating in Hotwire good odds they're participating in priceline too.

Unfortunately neither hw or pl has any 2.5* offerings which would be Best Western, Holiday Inn or Hampton Inn which are all have pools. The Travel lodge does not have a pool. If I could of got all three nights for around $100 I could live without a pool but it appears I'm going to bid $45/night (with the fees and taxes) for the pool-less Travel lodge. For about $20 more total a night I could get a pool and a continental breakfast by booking a 2.5* directly...Just thought I'd share.

Nicely researched :)

There are some instances, especially in small town markets and/or properties with low hotel direct rates, where the opaque providers may not be the best option.

If you do choose to book direct please check the support page where we have links to many of the major hotel chains.

Let us know where you end up.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 1 month later...

Thanks Traveler.

Used the PRICELINE link to win the Travelodge Suites Okeechobee from 9/2-9/5 for $33 per night, $32 failed bid. This is a *2 motel.

Room Subtotal: $99.00 (USD)

Taxes and Fees: $18.78 (USD)

Total Room Cost: $117.78 (USD)

I did see this for $40/night before taxes directly on travel lodge a week ago but currently increased to $50/night. Still PRESUMABLY on hotwire for $39/night. I used a reverse star strategy; there are no one stars so I could decrease the star rating with confidence and get two bids a day.

Mods, feel free to update this to the post #1.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]