Priceline Hotel: Help with 4* Hotel Bidding

Tracee
By Tracee,
in

Hi,

I'm new to the forum and have a couple of questions. I want to stay in a 4* hotel in San Francisco from 7/22 to 7/27 in the Union Square East or West district. Would you advise that I click both US East/West as well as another district (ex Marina) that has a 3* rating to increase my chances of bid being excepted? I plan to start bids at $82. Any advice would be helpful.

Thanks!

Tracee

Read FAQs and you'll understand how to get lots of rebids. If you need a bidding strategy, ask after you've done a bit of homework and moderators will give you one. It all depends on your budget, prices and availability, and all of those are variable.

I don t want to sound insolent, but I find the above answer rather unhelpful, if not other things.

It appears that the o.p. already has a basic knowledge of PRICELINE , and what to do.Do we need proof

that the FAQ s were already read?

My humble answer to Tracee is YES..you are on he right track.

Thank you Joseph for your response - it lets me know I'm headed in the right direction. Truthfully, I find posting somewhat intimidating because I know my understanding is basic and therefore don't want to come off as completely uninformed. I actually looked for the FAQ's to review to see if there was something I was missing.

To Gallus50, no hard feelings and to Joseph, thanks again. : )

Tracee- Good luck. I am also pursuing a win in the same area.I originally tried 3* in both

USE/USW but bidding up to $80 got me nowhere for sept 24th-27th. I will now do like you

and try over $80 for 4*.

As far as posting in this forum is concerned( and all other forums) there will always be

people who will post gratuitous remarks,and then they will use the excuse they do not like

doing other people s homework. Well if they don t like doing other people s homework,no one is

forcing them to do it. No need to intimidate other well-intentioned,if less experienced people.

Didn't mean to intimidate, just get tired of repeating answers to the same questions.

I could tell from Tracee's question that she actually did not quite have a handle on the concept or execution of the rebid. The simplest way to understand is to read the FAQs. They explain it better than I could.

Tracee- Good luck. I am also pursuing a win in the same area.I originally tried 3* in both

USE/USW but bidding up to $80 got me nowhere for sept 24th-27th. I will now do like you

and try over $80 for 4*.

As far as posting in this forum is concerned( and all other forums) there will always be

people who will post gratuitous remarks,and then they will use the excuse they do not like

doing other people s homework. Well if they don t like doing other people s homework,no one is

forcing them to do it. No need to intimidate other well-intentioned,if less experienced people.

Pretty pompous for someone with just 12 posts. Gallus50 has always been a big help to those looking to book in the San Francisco area, and whether you like it or not, it is important for one to have a reasonable working knowledge of bidding and rebidding. The OP's post indicated she did not have the concept of free rebids down well enough, and a quick look at the FAQ's would have cleared it up. This is not rocket science. The mods and others are always willing to help, and when someone requests help they should at least have an idea what the current offerings are for some of the 4* hotels in the zones they are going to be bidding in. A quick look at Hotwire and Expedia would show that rates are somewhat high for the OP's dates, and that information would be valuable in providing a bidding strategy.

Tracee,

Welcome to BetterBidding!

When bidding at the 4* level in San Francisco you have FIVE re-bid zones available. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please see Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to confirm them with the board. If you read this previous link and are confused then just post back and we'll break it down further for you.

Once you have listed, and we have have confirmed, your re-bid zones, let us know your maximum bid and we'll suggest a strategy for you to follow.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Okay, everyone pass the peacepipe!

and try over $80 for 4*.

JOSEPH,

You posted a win for 9/24/-9/27 at the Warwick. Are you looking for a second room now for those dates?

Tracee,

Welcome to the board. Please let us know if thereuare's strategy works. If it doesn't fly we can talk about other options. Good luck!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$10 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: SAVEMORE

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $100+ purchase... expires 05/19/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]