Priceline Hotel: 4* DT Seattle

lucky1967
By lucky1967,
in

Sorry to hear that your bids have not been accepted. :)

This does appear to be a busier time in Seattle, with higher rates and less aggressive discounts.

At this point, you could slowly push higher on your 4* bids, wait a week and try again (although if there is something going on in Seattle on these dates, you run the risk of prices getting worse in the meantime) or go down a level (HOTWIRE has a 3.5* for $123 in Downtown-Pike Place, for example.)

Please use the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

As I continue to slowly up my bid after waiting a few days, my last bid was $171 and no luck with a 4* room.

Hotwire has a Boutique 4* for $186 and I may take it.

I researched Seattle at that time and there are no large festivals. It may be that I need 2 rooms for 4 nights and there is something tough about that combination.

I always use the link on your site. Thanks for everything.

The Saturday appears to be the problem. I'm seeing a 4* on HOTWIRE in Downtown/Pike Place for $129 when searching this morning for 8/5-7 alone. Search for 8/7-9, there is another 4* for $189. Search for 8/5-8 and the 4* in the Downtown/Pike Place space on HOTWIRE is $184.

If you were okay with splitting the stay, you could take the 4* for $129 on 8/5-7 and then the $189 for the last 2. You would have to move hotels, but the per-night average for that would be $159.

Please use the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

There is a major attraction that weekend (August 6-8) in Seattle and the surrounding area. It is the SEAFAIR hydroplane races and airshow over Lake Washington. They happen all weekend so you may have difficulty finding cheap lodging. This is a big deal with a long history in this area---it is a great event and you will never see an airshow like this anywhere else. The Blue's flying over a metropolitan area with centerpoint in the middle of Lake Washington and the hydroplane race course. Great fun, big crowds and hopefully warm weather!! Good Luck!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]