Priceline Hotel: 3* Honolulu (Waikiki South) Radisson Kuhio

seek
By seek,
in

I also got this deal after trying $55, denied so I added airport and upped to $58.

This was for two rooms and I was worried what would have happened if there was just one.

It's my first time actually trying for a particular place using the rebid strategy especially when the place isn't just for me.

The simplest explaination why this works is because there don't appear to be any hotels in the airport area above 2 * so you get a free shot without having to wait 72 hrs.

The Priceline Hotels list needs to be updated since the regions listed don't corespond to the current Priceline maps.

I love the car tool since that is the next task. I usually just get the compact or economy car and they usually try to sell me the upgrade at the counter. I've been through that deal several times before so I just say no and I usually get a free upgrade because it's late and the reserved cars are not there or if it's early they are usually reserving them for confirmed regular rentals. They may also be saving them for regular walk up customers that will pay much more for the smallest cars. I would suggest this for 2-3 travelers but since we are a party of 4 I am thinking of going for mid-size and hope for an upgrade.

Does this sound like a good strategy for this time period?

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Thank you for sharing your winning bid with the rest of the board.

The Priceline Hotels list needs to be updated since the regions listed don't corespond to the current Priceline maps.

Can you be more specific? Which zones/regions are you refering to?

I wouldn't expect an upgrade, so i would book the smallest car you'll be comfortable in and then hope for an upgade. Many here suggest that a convertable in Hawaii is worth the additional cost.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Remember to check sites like Orbitz and smartertravel.com for car deals. For MOST rentals in Hawaii, those will wind up cheaper than priceline, and you don't have the onerous booking restrictions. There are a few situations where priceline seems to be cheaper, mostly on minivans and SOME short (1 to 4 day) rentals. Make sure you know how low Hawaii car rental prices are -- they're particularly cheap these days.

The Pinned hotel list has these zones for Honolulu:

Honolulu (Airport)

Honolulu (Waikiki East)

Honolulu (Waikiki North)

Honolulu (Waikiki South)

But the current Priceline Map has these zones:

(Ihilani)

(Airport)

(Executive Center)

(Waikiki North)

(Waikiki South)

East either got folded into another zone (South?) or they just redrew the lines.

To other readers out there:

The link to Travle Links to Help Support BetterBidding are in the upper right of the browser window. It took me awhile to realize it was there. Maybe a color change or icon is needed? :)

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]