NC Raleigh-Durham Millinieum Hotel Durham

tignor
By tignor,
in

For what I paid for it (bid $42, after taxes around $55) and for 1 night, it was a great deal. But if I had paid rack rate for it, I wouldn't have been very happy.

This is a 3.5* according to Priceline, but it should be a 2.5*at least. The staff was nice, the area was secluded and quiet, and no bedbug evidence and the sheets were clean, but that's about it.

The fixtures are old and worn, some with rust and wear, the sinks had old steel handles that didn't turn easily (or in the same direction). The door hinge on our bathroom door had so much rust it took some pressure to close. There was some mildew on the wall and the wallpaper was peeling everywhere. The carpet had some staining.

The TV was very old. I don't expect a flatscreen but I do expect something in the last 15-20 years for a 3.5* hotel. You couldn't use the remote unless you were standing in front of it.

They had a ton of staff, lots of housekeeping and they would greet us whenever we saw them in the hallway. Very nice. The lobby was beautiful. I didn't visit the restaurants. The area is very secluded which we saw as a plus--quiet and off the main roads, but near the interstate. Downtown is 5 minutes away by car, and it's near Duke U. But, these things are only good if you have a car. It's too far away from things if you don't.

We did not complain. As I said, for the price, it fit our needs for that one night. I did fill out the "after your stay" survey on Priceline. I wish more people would, as this would (may?) lower their star rating until or if it gets remodeled.

All in all, if this hotel was remodeled (heck, even new hinges, sinks and wallpaper) I could see it being a 3.5*.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]