Priceline Hotel: 2.5* Barrie Monte Carlo Inn

Bals_ca
By Bals_ca,
in

Hey,

I find this forum incredibly useful, and thus have signed up today. Thanks for the insight.

I'm trying to get into the Holiday Inn in Barrie, ON, Canada. I've noticed that $55 has been accepted a few times in the past, and I'm pretty sure they accepted that same bid from me last year when I stayed there.

In the last few days, and friend and I have bid from $45 all the way up to $65! (using Orillia and Midland that don't have 3*s to bid increase)

Why no luck this time? Is it easier to land these places closer to the date?

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Rates are date specific, so you won't always be able to replicate another user's winning bid when their dates are different than your own (as demand, and therefore prices, may be higher for your own dates than that of the other user)

As well, a hotel for any given number of reasons, may not load rates into the system for any given day, require a minimum 2 nite stay on a weekend, etc. which can also effect your bidding.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases. (and ask your friend to do the same)... if you decide to book this hotel direct please use the Holiday Inn link in our support page.

Let us know what you ultimately decide to do for this stay or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

A buddy and I have been at it for the last few days (as per my previous post), and finally got the Monte Carlo Inn in Barrie for $60.

We bid for the 3* Holiday Inn up to $70 and then decided to drop to a 2.5* to see if we could land the Monte Carlo. It worked. The first bid was $50 and then it gave us a message to try $60. We could have worked up to it, but it has been a battle, so we took it for $60 to be done with it.

Thanks for the help. Hopefully this will save some other Barrie travelers some time!

Congratulations on your success!

Hope you're happy with the outcome and that this property works well for your plans.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board and helping us add this property to the Priceline Hotel List.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]