NJ Edison Raritan Center Hilton Garden Inn

thesqueegeekid
By thesqueegeekid,
in

I have to say, Hilton Garden Inn's are my absolute favorite hotels ... they are always exactly the same and relatively newly built. Unlike 3*'s (Hiltons, Sheratons) which always vary and even Radissons and Courtyards which can be converted hotels, HGI's are consistent.

The front desk staff always treat you like you are a CEO and try their hardest to remember your name. This is my third HGI stay and second through PL ... they always can see you are a PL customer but still give you HH perks.

My next HGI will be in Oakbrook IL for 11 nights and there, they even upgrade all HH guests to the full breakfast buffet from the usual continental breakfast.

The only complaint about this particular hotel is my room you have to flush twice for a full flush and there was one hair in the tub ... but that is nothing great to make me change rooms.

I forgot to mention the free high speed internet!!! Perhaps the best part.

At other hotels, I make it a habit to go to local libraries or a college to use the net. Kinko's is my last resort and that costs 20-30 cents a minute. The Hilton I was at recently, charged 59 cents a minute in their business center ... more ways to milk business customers who don't care. The highest I have seen was at a Sheraton, 79 cents/minute.

HGI offers a free business center with no charge for printing...

I have once in the past, stopped off at an HGI and asked to use their business center ... the desker had no problem at all and I stayed there for an hour. He even offered me cookies.

Totally agree with you, HGIs are great. And if you like HGI, you'll love Homewood Suites, also by Hilton. Likewise, they are newer hotels and of consistent quality. They include a full breakfast for all, and free high-speed Internet, plus it's a suite complete with a kitchen and a living area.

The HGI at LAX does not offer free breakfast :)

Most 2-2.5* hotels I've stayed in were better than the 3* hotels. I really do not like it when PL upgrades. It's a disservice.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]