Priceline Hotel: 3* San Diego (Sorrento Mesa) Courtyard

sjstarkey
By sjstarkey,
in

Trying to figure out this hotel.

I am trying for san diego area - 2 adults 1 child

It comes up with this hotel at $82 a night.

Amenities are:

Comp. breakfast, pool, laundry, internet access, kitchenette.

Any ideas what it could be? It shows tripadvisor rating as 2 1/2, but I do not see these amenities on tripadvisor for a 2 1/2 rating.

Thanks for the help,

Staci

The Days Inn has previously been reported in this zone with the amenities above so that would be my best guess for this one... although i'd be very careful given the Tripadvisor rating.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... and your searches too!

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Our dates are still 7/29/-8/1/10. There are 2 adults and 1 child. The amenities are listed as:

Comp. Breakfast

Pool

Internet

It doesn't have a suite icon so I know it cannot be the Quality Inn.

Any ideas?? I am trying to find a hotel that has a pool and a micro/refrigerator in the room.

Thanks,

staci

I am looking for a room near san diego. We can stay anywhere from Oceanside, to La Mesa. I would like a place that has a pool and maybe a micro/fridge and a free breakfast. I have been looking on hotwire, but I do not like the prices.

I have done priceline hotels in San Diego, but can't figure out what star level to do, for the above mention amenities.

I can live without everything except the pool.

I would like to keep the price at no more than $70..

Any suggestions??

I'm not seeing the above when searching HOTWIRE for your dates, 2adults/1child... i'm being offered a 2.5* hotel with:

Suite, Shuttle, Breakfast, Fitness, Pool

Are you still seeing the previous property above? Are you including 2adults/1child on your search? If you're still seeing the previous property what is the price?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I'm not seeing the above when searchin gHOTWIRE for your dates, 2adults/1child... i'm being offered a 2.5* hotel with:

Suite, Shuttle, Breakfast, Fitness, Pool

Are you still seeing the previous property above? Are you including 2adults/1child on your search? If you're still seeing the previous property what is the price?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

I am still seeing the same hotel on hotwire for $83. It doesn't have the suite icon. I can only get that when I do 2 adults with no child.

I am still trying to find a hotel for 7/29-8/1. I understand that it isn't going to be waterfront for the $70. I have found a few on hotwire, for about $80, but can't figure out what 1 of them is. I have listed all the amenities and such in an above post.

I fgured I would try priceline, because hotwire isn;t giving me very many options. I need something with at least a pool. I would love to have a micro/refrig in the room, but if not we can llive without. I really do not care about star ratings as long as I can have the pool. I notice that Motel6 in Oceanside, has a pool and some other things I want, but I do not know if this has ever come up on priceline.

Any help with this would be appreciated.

I must be missing something here. What areas/zones is the OP looking for a hotel?

If Motel 6 is acceptable, why not just book it via their website. Looks like their rates are pretty reasonable. A room with two beds at one of the Oceanside Motel 6's is $66.00.

I fgured I would try priceline... I need something with at least a pool.
You're not going to be able to ensure a hotel with a pool, one of your requirements, when using PRICELINE
I have found a few on hotwire, for about $80, but can't figure out what 1 of them is. I have listed all the amenities and such in an above post.
There are a few different zones and hotels listed above... please re-post the current offering you're referring to.
I must be missing something here. What areas/zones is the OP looking for a hotel?
I imagine it was in the topic title of one of the threads but was replaced with a different topic title when the threads were merged.

I am looking for a 2 1/2* for around $65 for 7/29-8/1. I would like to get something in Oceanside, Carlsbad, Coastal San Diego, or I would do Mission Valley if I had to.

I am looking for something that would possibly have a pool and a comp. brkfst and I believe I have a better chance with a 2 1/2 for these amenities.

I believe the 2 1/2* rating will keep me from getting the Mission Valley Resort, since it seems like it is rated a 2*. We stayed there last year and hated it, so I am leery of bidding on the Mission Valley area if I might get this hotel.

Any help with bidding strategies would be appreciated. :)

At the 2.5* level you don't have any re-bid zones.

Select 2.5* Coastal...

Bid $45, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 2.5* Carlsbad...

Select 2.5* Oceanside...

Select 2.5* Carlsbad and Coastal...

Bid $50, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 2.5* Carlsbad and Oceanside...

Bid $50, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 2.5* Coastal and Oceanside and Carlsbad...

Bid $55

Start with the above, if rejected we'll revise to try again in 24 hours up to $65, then if that is rejected we'll add Mission Valley to the bidding.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

I did try to do the bidding strategy you reccommended for a lower star. Then I saw that someone had gotten a 3* in the Sorrento Mesa area for $75. Since I had the Entertainment Book discount, I figured I would try there also. I ended up getting the Courtyard by Marriott SAn Diego, Sorrento Mesa. It looks good and they have a refrigerator and a pool which are important to me.

I called and asked if I could get a room with 2 beds and was told that I would have a room w/ a king and a sofabed. Seems like it is the same thing....

I paid $69 plus the $10 a night from the Entertainment Book.

Thanks for the help.

Staci

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]