Canada Calgary Delta Bow Valley Downtown

pikamonk
By pikamonk,
in

Stayed here during the stampede (July 10, 2010) and most staff were pretty friendly. They knew that we booked via priceline, so when we asked to switch to 2 beds the guy helping us out asked another employee, "Can we change to 2 beds if they book via priceline?" The other employee(assuming a senior position) seemed pretty rude about it and just said, "There's nothing available!" in a stern voice. I'm assuming there were 2 beds available since the first guy asked about it after looking through the screen, but we weren't in the mood to complain.

Rooms were clean and must have been recently refurbished. TV cabinet with flat screen 27"(just guessing, maybe 32") was dumb since, in order to watch the TV you had to have it open, yet the doors blocked access from walking infront of the bed, and the other door was wedged between the TV cabinet & heater/ac unit and could never be closed. Weird setup.

King size bed was comfortable... then again we were usually sleeping after having more than our fair share of alcoholic beverages, so I probably would have passed out on a park bench that night. Didn't get to check out the pool/hot tubs unfortunately, just too busy.

Lobby was pretty nice and open. There were a few "stampede" decor items laid around because of the event, I assume. Lots of people in and out, and the bar area looked appealing. Again, just too rushed to really enjoy any of the hotels' extras this trip.

But really, pretty standard room. Would never pay the $330 that it would have cost hadn't we used Priceline... and even at $140(after taxes etc.) it seemed "steep" but I would happily stay again if I had business downtown.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]