Priceline Hotel: 4* San Diego (Downtown - Harbor Island)

sgoofi
By sgoofi,
in

I started at $50 hoping to get Hotel Solamar.

This area has 13 rebid zones at a 4* level so:

$50, rejected

$54, rejected

$57, rejected

$55, rejected

$59, rejected

$60, rejected

$64, rejected

$68, rejected

$69, rejected

$62, rejected

$70, rejected

$71, rejected

$73, rejected

$75, rejected

I'll have to try again tomorrow.

Do you think I'll have a better chance if I wait until next week? I really don't want to spend more than $80/night. Or do you think I should just lower to 3.5*?

This might be a bit low for a 4* looking at your dates.

I can't say if you have a better chance next week but i would keep trying untill closer your stay and then go with a 3.5*. Or do you want to close this stay now?

Let us know how we can help you further.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Yellowdog.

I would prefer to close the stay within the next couple of days. I've hadn't heard the best things about the hotels in the 3* and 3.5* range. The only 3.5 star hotels are the Doubletree and Sheraton Suites. If I decide to drop down to 3* or 3.5*, where should I start my bidding at?

Yes.....my max amount for 3* and 3.5* is $75.

I tried again 2 more times yesterday.

At 3.5*:

$50, $54, $57, $60, $62, $64, $66, $68, $70, $75

All rejected.....

At 3*

$50, $55, $60, $65

All rejected....

Do you think if I book one day (7/29, Thursday) they'll still give me the option of extending my days?

If your bids are rejected for both days, and then you bid for one day and are successful, i don't think you'll be successful adding the additional nite (otherwise your bids for two days would have been accepted). PRICELINE doesn't check inventory before offering the 'extend your stay option', and also doesn't know if you'd attempt to add nites to the beginning or end of your stay, so even if offered it doesn't mean you'll be successful (and as per above i'm doubtful you would be)

HOTWIRE has what i'm guessing to be the Holiday Inn San Diego Downtown for $99/nite if that is of any interest... perhaps also indicative that increasing your 3* bidding to $75-$85 might be successful??

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Just to update this thread.

I was actually doing this for my sister who informed me that just to make sure that she got a room, she used some skymiles + $200 to get a hotel room.

I think it was for the best as it looks like we wouldn't have gotten anything under $100 for that weekend.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]