Priceline Hotel: Resort Orlando (Lake Buena Vista-Downtown Disney) Hyatt Grand Cypress

ZADS
By ZADS,
in

Hi there, great site!

I've just tried bidding in Priceline for a resort hotel in Lake Buena Vista, Downtown Disney (am hoping to get the Hilton), checking in 24 October and out 1 November. My unsuccessful bids started at $60 and ended at $82 with no luck (I tried adding surrounding zones, also to no avail).

Could anyone please offer some tips on how to achieve what others are winnings (I saw winning bids from $62-75 in the forums, approx). Is it because I'm asking for 8 nights that I'm unsuccessful? How can I go about winning a lesser bid around the $62 mark? I now have to wait 24 hours before bidding again.

Thanks in advance for your time in responding.

Kind regards,

ZADS

Welcome to BetterBidding :)

If you have the Hilton in mind so allways start bidding at $55.

Your stay is over the very busy Halloween weekend so this might be a problem.

But if you only want to bid for a Resort in the LBV zone so please post your max budget/night and we'll help you with a bidding strategy.

If any other questions just post.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Yellowdog.

PS. Read this link: Priceline Re-Bidding Explained

I'll add that when bidding on PRICELINE having your heart set on a specific hotel, when there are many other hotels in the area at that star level, is only setting yourself up for disappointment.

If you're trying to target the Hilton in WDW it hasn't been reported to the board in over 2 months... this isn't to say that you won't receive it, but i wouldn't have my sights set on it either given how many other Resort class properties there are in the zone.

If you're open to any Resort class property in this zone and aren't willing to bid higher, you may want to consider SPLITTING YOUR PRICELINE BID... although it is probably a bit early to do so, i would sooner continue bidding in the weeks ahead hoping for lowered priced inventory to be available, before choosing to have to change hotels during the course of your stay.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Keep us updated and let us know if/how we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks, Thereuare.

Shame to see that the Hilton hasn't been won in 2 months. I'll keep crossing fingers while being open to the possibility of scoring that, or another resort, in the Disney area.

Will keep trying over the next few weeks and update results.

Thanks!

ZADS

• 1 month later...

Hi!

Still haven't landed a resort in the DTD area as yet. Am wondering if it's because I want 9 nights. Should I keep trying and wait another few weeks, or start breaking up my stay hereon?

My bid procedure is as follows:

I start at $55, add a zone,

bid $57, add a zone,

bid $60, add a zone,

bid $62, add a zone,

bid $65, add a zone,

bid $67.

ZADS

Best rate for Hilton is $108/night so i would keep trying within your budget untill you fell it's time to close the stay.

If you feel that you have hit your budget so is an option to go for 3.5* in the same zone starting at $40.

Rates are looking good for your stay even if it's a 9 night stay. But things can change since Orlando is usually busy arround Halloween weekend.

Let us know if you need any further help.

Yellowdog.

The 3.5* don't even compare to the resort hotels in Lake Buena Vista. I would just keep trying for what you want, but don't get your hopes set on the Hilton.

I bid $80 for a resort (after my $62-70 bids were rejected) and got the Grand Cypress, but it was more of a last minute thing and that's why I increased my bid amount. Not too long ago I bid in the 3.5* zone & got The Embassy Suites for $53 & it was so not worth it in this location (I usually like Embassy Suites, but this one was horrible). The Grand Cypress was a million times better.

Timing is everything. Good luck!

• 3 weeks later...

YAY! I'm so pleased. Since my initial enquiry regarding the Hilton and then doing intensive research on all hotels in the area, I really wanted the Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress.

I tried every single day, and would've been happy to have received The Hilton WDW. Finally today, after seeing another win for different dates, I tried again but cut my stay dates (which are 10 nights) into 2 groups of 5 nights. I'm so pleased to say I got my reservations!

FIRST BID GROUP (Check in 10/23/10 & out 10/28/10): STARTED @ $65 and got a counter-offer to raise amount to $85, and was successful).

Room Cost (avg. per room, per night): $85.00 (USD)

Number of Rooms: 1

Number of Nights: 5

Room Subtotal: $425.00 (USD)

Taxes and Fees: $68.45 (USD)

Total Room Cost: $493.45 (USD)

SECOND BID GROUP (Check in 10/23/10 & out 10/28/10): STARTED @ $60 and kept bidding until $80 was successful).

Room Cost (avg. per room, per night): $80.00 (USD)

Number of Rooms: 1

Number of Nights: 5

Room Subtotal: $400.00 (USD)

Taxes and Fees: $64.85 (USD)

Total Room Cost: $464.85 (USD)

Thank you for all your help and advice. I used the above PRICELINE link always.

ZADS :)

Sorry, it's the Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress. Valree, if you want this hotel, might be best to bid ASAP as I found it's been a long while since the Hyatt was won and not sure when the next period will be. I'd been trying everyday for quite some time. All the best with your bidding!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]