Priceline Hotel: 4* Savannah (Historic District) Avia

thibau
By thibau,
in

Hello,

I am looking for 2 rooms from 09/27 to 09/30 in Savannah's Historic District.

I have tried (using your PRICELINE link) both, 3.5 and 4 stars, I started at $65 and raised to $83 and I wasn't successful. Last time I tried $85 (only 4*) and added Savannah Gateway area (I heard they don't have 3.5* and up in that area), no hits, but a chance to raise to $100 (And I guess I would have got the Avia, which looks nice).

However, I've seen people get 3.5 as low as $62, $70, so I did not raise my bid to $100 because I prefered to look for your advice first.

Do you think that 4* $100 they would have give the Avia? Is it a good option?

Are some people getting 3* cheap deals because they are making last minute bids?

Should I try Hotwire instead?

Any advice that could help end up with a good deal?

Sorry for so many questions.

Many Thanks

regards

mario

I can assure you if you won the Avia at $100 it would be a great buy. I see that Mansion on Forsyth Park is also a 4*. It's a beautiful hotel but the location of the Avia would be better in my opinion. I have bid several times on Priceline for Savannah and never had to go up to $100 a night for 3.5* but I know the area is getting more popular and especially in September and October. They have many festivals that go on during those 2 months. I would say try bidding again 2 days later and start at $85. I've always won the Hyatt or Marriott Riverfront with the Hyatt having the best location but both are bargains at under $100 a night. I've always won the best prices at 6-8 weeks before my trips unless it's in low season. I've had more success with Priceline for bargains than Hotwire. Hope you have a great trip.

When bidding on PRICELINE there is no telling which hotel in the zone you will receive. As there are other 4* hotels in this region it could be anything in the zone which PRICELINE rates 4 stars.

You could also undercut the $100 counter-offer on your next round of bidding to try to get this a price between $85-$100 (f you decide you want to bid up to $100 let us know and we'll suggest a strategy if you'd like)

HOTWIRE usually costs a little more than PRICELINE, but it gives you the ability to know what amenities are offered at the property before your purchase (so if, for example a pool is important to you for this stay you can know that beforehand). As well, you can use the amenities listed to try to take a guess as to what hotel you may receive before your purchase. Searching HOTWIRE for your dates they have a 4* hotel at $109 for which my best guess is the Hilton Desoto... but this is a 3.5* rated on PRICELINE.

Let us know what you decide and how you'd like to proceed and we'll advise accordingly.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks Vicky948 e Thereuare,

I will try PRICELINE again in a couple of days, starting at $85 and see if they give me a chance to raise the bid for a 4*.

I don't want to pay more for a 3.5*, but I would go up to $100 for a 4*.

I'll let you know what happens.

Vicky948, if you have any tips about things to do in savannah historic district please let me know, I'll be visiting friends but they are also new to the area. Ohh and also with you have hints about parking in that area would be very helpful.

Thanks again.

I will try PRICELINE again in a couple of days, starting at $85 and see if they give me a chance to raise the bid for a 4*.... I don't want to pay more for a 3.5*, but I would go up to $100 for a 4*.

The $100 counteroffer when you bid 4* suggests that you could be successful right now for a 4* hotel between $85-$100... so why wait a few days if you know this is available now? (and perhaps it may not be in a few days)

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I just tried $88 (4* Historic district) they counteroffered to $103, so started again adding gateway area and raising to $92 they counterofferd to $107, for this price I think adding 3.5* would NOT be a good deal, waht do you think?

b rgds

Correct, you would not want to add 3.5* at these prices as you can likely do better (thru PRICELINE) at the 3.5* level... but at the 4* level the ~$100 mark seems inline with other wins, so it comes down to if you want to bid up to $100 for a 4* hotel OR if you want to pay less for a 3.5* property.

If you now want to bid less, you can't "uncheck" the zones you have already selected when re-bidding, so if you now wish to try for a 3.5* you'll have to close the current browser window, use this link to re-access PRICELINE, and then select 3.5* to continue bidding.

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

I recently won a priceline weekend for $82 for a 3.5*, three rooms. A $79 was bid was rejected. I was surprised to see winning bids for the $62 a few days before me and a week after me. I wonder if it has to do with multiple rooms? If you're willing to accept the a risk of being in different hotel, try bidding on just one room. It's surprising that you haven't won yet as late Sept isn't a popular time...

Well, I new bid for 4*, $95 was not accepted, but the gave a counter offer for $115 which I didn't take.

Closed browser and used your PRICELINE link again, this time adding the Gateway area but still bidding for a 4*, my $99 bid was succesful, they gave me the Avia Savannah.

I liked the result.

Thanks again.

RGDS.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]