PIT to ABQ, where to start bidding?

mkjeeves
By mkjeeves,
in

Hi-

Sorry if I missed a FAQ on how much your first offer should be, if I did please give me a link!

I want to travel to Albuquerque from Pittsburgh, a flight which requires a layover (no direct service), in late September. I have been monitoring the rates on Kayak, priceline, etc. and right now both American and Continental are offering one-layover flights for $226 base + $38 fees, roundtrip. How much lower than this can the priceline acceptable rate be? half?

I am also assuming that the drastic cuts many of the airlines have made in service to Pittsburgh can only be helpful, as they're only really flying to major hubs and not as frequently. Not sure how I figure this, but it seems like it would increase the liklihood that to meet the Priceline requirements (there is still a max layover of like 3 hours right?), I'd be more likely to just get the real itineraries they are offering...

Thanks in advance.

As airlines have been flying fewer planes (which means fewer seats each day going to a given destination) over the last few years, discounts on airfare have been far and few between, but can be worth a try.

I'd start at half price and then use the re-bidding technique in this thread (see the second post especially) Priceline Airfare Re-Bidding to get an almost unlimited number of bidding opportunities and increase each bid by $10 up until the point where an opaque purchase won't be worthwhile (given not being to pick your flight times, layover city, connection times, etc)

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Good luck and let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]