Priceline Hotel: Help - Cleveland Downtown, 3.5* or 4*

crispylineta
By crispylineta,
in

I used this site's PRICELINE link to try to book a hotel in downtown Cleveland for the night of Sep. 1. I first did just 4*, starting at $50 and going up to $80 using rebid zones; rejected every time. I then tried 3.5* starting at $45 and going up to $70 using rebid zones; also rejected every time. From looking at past wins it seems that most people have been winning 3.5* places in the $40-60 range - any ideas?

Thanks!

Rates are dates specific so you may not be able to replicate the same bid price that others have received if demand (and therefore prices) for your dates are higher than usual. The only 'known' 4* hotel in this zone is the Renaissance and hotel direct rates for your nite start at $229/nite. While i'm not sure if this is higher than usual for this property, it does make your $80 bid only about 1/3 of a conventionally booked room, and while not an unheard of discount, it is a bit more than we typically see.

HOTWIRE does have a 3.5* offered for your dates at $79/nite, but best guess is that this is the Radisson, which is only rated 3* by PRICELINE, which explains why your PRICELINE bid was rejected with HOTWIRE showing a 3.5* at $79.

How quickly do you want to lock this up? (ie- are you comfortable waiting until closer to check-in) What is the best rate you're able to fin thru conventional booking channels? What is your maximum bid for this stay?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks! Helpful thoughts. I am comfortable waiting until later on - this is the first day of a roadtrip from NY to SF (I booked a great hotel in Chicago through Priceline for the second night - posted under Illinois), so while I do need a place to stay I'm okay with uncertainty about where exactly in Cleveland that is. The best rate I can find through conventional channels is around $110/night. I'd be will to pay $80 for the 4* and ideally $60 for the 3.5*. So hopefully the rates will come down over the next few weeks and we'll see what happens.

Thank you for using the site's PRICELINE or HOTWIRE links to start your purchases and searches, and for keeping us updated. Good luck on your bidding, and please let us know if you have any questions.

I am looking for a 3.5 or 4 for Cleveland for 8/28 for 1 night--Hotwire has a 3.5 for $75 with Fitness, Restuarant, Business, Laundry, High Speed, Golf and Tennis Nearby is that the Radison you mention above?

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]