Priceline Hotel: 3.5* Boston (Copley Square-Theatre District) Marriott Copley Place

AwesomeAndy
By AwesomeAndy,
in

Hello, this is my first time posting on these boards. I am going to Boston for a visit on July 29-31. We are wanting to do some of the touristy stuff and have tickets to a Red Sox game as well. I am not sure where a good area would be to book as I am looking to be close to the night life as my friend and I are in our mid 20's.

Please advise as to what a good area would be and a decent price. We realy just need a place to sleep so the cheaper the better.

Hi AWESOME ANDY,

As a lover of all things Boston, I'll tell you that you can't go wrong with 1) Quincy Market-Faneuil Hall-Financial or 2) Copley Square-Back Bay.

Quincy is great b/c you're walking distance to the North End which is a must for anyone in Boston. My favorite restaurant is Giacomo but you'll hit a home-run with just about any place up there. After dinner go to Mike's Pastry on Hanover (you can't miss it) for Cannoli. If you like Irish bars, check out The Black Rose behind Faneuil Hall about a block south. I am also a fan of the Bell-in-Hand Pub. Truthfully, there are a number of fun pubs right around that area.

If you go to the Back Bay, look for a place called Coolidge Corner Clubhouse...great food and lots of beer.

Have a great time! Boston is the best in my opinion.

~Cathleen

The public transportation is excellent in Boston. It's like 3 stops from the airport to the stop we got off at to check in to our hotel. If you have time, take the line to Revere Beach and head to Kelly's for fried clams, or their signature roast beef sandwiches. The beach scene is pretty decent also.

I second all the above about the North End.

Andy,

You've already gotten some great advice and I'd second staying in the Quincy Market or Copley Square zones. While I have a slight preference for the the historic nature of Quincy area, I thought I should note that a Copley hotel will be walkable to Fenway. I agree that the Boston subway system is great and the city itself is very compact and walkable, so take advantage of it and see as much of the city as you can. And the pastry can't be beat at Mike's!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$10 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: SAVEMORE

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $100+ purchase... expires 05/19/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]