Priceline Hotel: 2.5* Anchorage Ramada Inn Downtown

Annabella
By Annabella,
in

Not happy :)

Just post to inform about this bid:

I've been doing research for a few weeks now, using your PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links.

I've been bidding with no luck for a future stay

September 16- September 21 2010, city Anchorage, AK

(from $40 to $80)

Today I went up to $90 for a 3*, nada.

Then decided to downgrade my stars to 2 1/2, my bid of $60 was accepted, got the Ramada Inn Anchorage Downtown. :)

Went to this hotel website, rooms available per room/night from $ 61.62 not prepaid! same dates

Expedia $61.63, same dates

Priceline (the regular booking not the name your own price) $61, same dates

So, going the Priceline way name your own price meant not saving money at all (given the value).

Also the hotel website says check out time is 11am, but my priceline receipt states 10am, so apparently a priceline customer gets different check out time (10 am too early, I have a flight past 8pm that day, I hoped to be able to stay in my room until 12pm as usual, at other hotels and locations)

I was avoiding 2* hotes like the plague to avoid the motel type hotels, and I know that is not a sure thing but previous wins showed the Inlet Tower and

the Marriott Downtown Anchorage as 2.5* hotels, not Ramada Inns, which probably are more 2* and not 2.5*

Sorry, I had to vent...

Btw, the above priceline "win" gave me the option to book additional nights, I need 3 more nights, but I look for something else, maybe hotwire.

Hopefully you'll be able to extend your check-out to whatever time you need, but if not, you shouldn't have any problem with getting the 'standard' 11am check-out at this property... if they state that check-out time is 10am refer to the "hotel directory" book (usually on the nightstand or desk) or on the signage usually found on the back of the room's door where 'official' check-out time will be listed.

Good luck... hope your stay goes better then expected.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]