Hotwire Hotel: Need advice for Strip/Downtown 4/18-4/22

jammindave
By jammindave,
in

Hi. Looking for advice on getting a room (or two) for the above 4 nights.

I'd like to stay, I think, at the Golden Nugget for the first 2 nights and then somewhere on the strip the last 2 (Wed/Thurs). Looks like the GN is on Hotwire right now for around 80 bucks a night. That's a touch more than I'd like to spend, since I saw that some people are winning other dates on priceline for 50 bucks a night. However, I understand a convention is in town.

I'm getting a lil edgy cause I don't know how the Vegas hotels work, might the prices suddenly skyrocket here? Should I jump on what I want for 80-100 bucks now, or hold off? 100 is really my absolute limit, and not for all four nights. I would spend accordingly (if I could land the first hotel for 50-60 bucks a night, I might go as high as 120-130 the other 2 nights).

Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks. :)

Update. A friend who has connections in Vegas offered me a room at NYNY for the last 2 nights of my stay for $99 per night. This is a good deal for those dates, no? (20th, 21st of April)

I'll probably take him up on the offer. So now, I'm very motivated to find something for the first two nights, preferably for as low as possible (the Golden Nugget for 50 would be great, is this a reasonable hope?).

That rate at NYNY is indeed very good... i'd take it.

Rates in Vegas are very volatile (perhaps one of the most volatile markets in the country), but just because somebody else wins for $50 doesn't mean that the same rate will be available for your dates as well... the convention you mention is obviously affecting demand in the city (and conventions is one of the reasons why rates are so volatile).

An example i often use is that the SuperBowl if in Detroit next year... if somebody wins a hotel in Detroit next summer for $50, it doesn't mean it will be available for your stay SuperBowl weekend... and that is a similar effect conventions have on room rates in Las Vegas.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

You should still be able to beat the $80 price on Hotwire by bidding for the Nugget on PL. Its the only 4* in the downtown area that we know of. You have 3 free rebids and if you use them right it works out to more.

Thanks for the replies!

I just noticed on hotwire that this hotel (I'm assuming it's the Golden Nugget, 4 star downtown...) has a "resort" designation.

The amenities list read "a resort fee may be charged".

Anyone know if this hotel does charge a resort fee? If so, how much more would it be? It's listed on hotwire right now for 86 bucks a night (for 2 nights, the 18th and 19th). I'm wondering if I should take it or try priceline some more...

Are the extra charges on hotwire about the same as priceline?

Thanks in advance! :)

The 'extra' fees are pretty much the same, maybe a few cents more on Hotwire, but vary depending upon the price of the hotel room. Best bet is to go thru each service, stopping short of actually buying the property, and then compare the 'taxes and fees' of each.

I don't think the Golden Nuggest charges a Resort fee, but you can call them up and ask.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]