Priceline Hotel: 3.5* DC (Georgetown-Foggy Bottom) Marriott Westend

McMick
By McMick,
in

I'm attending a meeting being held at the Ritz-Carlton, Washington (at 1150 22nd St NW) The "special rate" for the meeting at the Ritz is $229/night, and of course I knew I could do WAY better than that. Especially in August in DC, when Congress is not in session and things slow down quite a bit.

When in DC, I usually stay near Dupont Circle because I really like the neighborhood vibe, ample restaurants and shops, and convenient proximity to the Metro. But to get a good deal I was open to staying within two nearby zones: White House-Downtown and Georgetown-Foggy Bottom.

Using the PRICELINE link on the BetterBidding web site:

Started with 4 star, Dupont Circle, $60...denied.

Added White House, maintained 4 star, increased to $65...denied.

Added other zones without 3.5 and 4 star properties, maintained 4 star, and got up to $80...all denied.

Added 3.5 star properties, reduced bid to $60...denied (I learned on BetterBidding to reduce your bid when you decrease the stars...)

Added Georgetown-Foggy Bottom, increased to $65...SCORE!

THE ULTIMATE IRONY: the Marriott Washington Westend (1221 22nd St NW) is a 3 minute walk to the Ritz-Carlton!

I was a bit hesitant to add the Georgetown zone, because I was afraid of winning a hotel that was too far from Dupont Circle-- but this Marriott is on the east side of the Georgetown zone and only about a 10-15 minute walk to the Dupont Circle area. And I'll have a chance to explore a new neighborhood too.

On the Marriott web site, this room is $149/night.

Taxes and fees: $46.40. Grand total: $306.40.

Thank you BetterBidding for providing this wonderful forum!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]