Priceline Hotel: 2* Colorado Springs (Air Force Academy) Howard Johnson

sevensanders
By sevensanders,
in

Thought I was safe bidding $35 for a 2* in the Air Force Academy section, seeing as how everyone else has been getting the Fairfield Inn.... no suck luck... we got the Howard Johnson... which is VERY frustrating as I looked at it on the regular priceline and it's only $38/night... so we saved a whopping $12 on a 4 night stay at a hotel with very iffy reviews....

guess PRICELINE got me on that one :) hubby is already planning calling it a loss and looking for another hotel based on the reviews we've read

Colorado Springs North Air Force Academy 2*

Howard Johnson

8280 Highway 83

Academy Blvd North

Colorado Springs, CO 80920 US

$35/night

Forgot to mention... used your PRICELINE link

Sorry to hear this one didn't go as you had expected.

Thanks for using the PRICELINE link on the board for your purchase and sharing your win, enabling us to add this property to the Priceline Hotel List for the area.

Hope you're able to make this work for your needs and it goes better then expected.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I previously posted about my disgust in getting the Howard Johnson as a 2* ... called up a relative that lives in the Springs and asked about it and was confirmed of the less than pleasant conditions of this property (and she assured us that we did NOT want to stay here)...

Looked at regular PRICELINE again and noticed that the Fairfield is now listed as 2.5* instead of 2... bit the bullet and rebid for a 2.5*, Colo Springs North (Air Force) after searching at ALL of the 2.5* properties they list on the regular site to make sure they met our needs, and was awarded the Fairfield Inn.

So.... if you're looking at all the past info to get the Fairfield for $35, you need to bump your request up to a 2.5* because the 2* is going to get you the Howard Johnson (with a whopping $3/day savings over their regular PRICELINE rate!)

While we may be out $163 for booking another hotel... we're happy with the decision that we made.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]